View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

As far as I know, our inter-compatibility with the Voipbuster was always poor, and they have in the past and probably once again have changed their settings to ban using this service to use them. I don't think anything has changed on Voxalot's servers or code for many many months now.

While I agree this is a Voxalot problem since your equipment and direct connections work fine, I am 99% certain it was a change made on the Voipbuster/Betamax side that caused it. Possibly they simply banned Voxalot again.

Some have found 'fixes' (really, workarounds of the ban) to change from us.voxalot.com to eu.voxalot.com or au.voxalot.com and see if it works there. Not ideal but what can I say. Companies like Voipbuster don't like Voxalot or other asterisk-like services using their service, since they make money off you using the more expensive 'bad' rate plans to cover their loss-leader of free calls to that special one county you need.

Long term you should probably think about migrating away from Voipbuster and to a more recognized and reputable SIP provider.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote