Thread: Issues Please?
View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #53
Tslam

Tslam is on a distinguished road
Default Forward to Voicemail ii

I want to send calls to voxalot's voicemail server, as per in my recent posts on the Support forum. That thread has stalled, so I'm writing to ask a few pertinent questions here:

1) Is it ok in principle for registered users to send calls to voxalot's voice server? I would understand if you had a policy of not allowing that, if the cost of storage is an issue. But you could limit the no of calls queued for more than 2 days, for example. Or forward them directly to email!

2) Is the voxalot vmail server accessible from the internet? Do I understand correctly that it has its own IP address, and authentication protocol, just like a SIP server?

3) Does sending, or calling, the vmail server directly, avoid the diversion delay (30 odd secs) that occurs when calling mysip@voxalot.com:5061?

4) If the answer to 1)-3) is YES, then... what's the IP address, please? And what's the exact syntax for calling it?

Thanks again.

ps All hail Voxalot! It's a truly great innovation. I wonder though, whether its functionality will eventually become another generic feature of the internet - like DNS maybe. Or bittorrent. I'm not sure which of those is the best analogy. A question for another day, perhaps.
Tslam is offline   Reply With Quote