Thread: Call Forwarding
View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #12
smithwithani

smithwithani is on a distinguished road
Default That was my intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek View Post
If that's the case, why the overly complicated setup?

Here's what you should have done, plain, simple and short.

1. Register a free Voxalot account.
2. Point your DIDWW number at your 123456@*.voxalot.com.
3. Add JustVoIP as an outbound VSP only.
4. Call *500 to change your VM greetings etc. (BTW it's a free service)

Period.
1. I did register a Free Voxalot acctount.
2. I did point my DIDWW number to my Voxalot account
3. I tried to Add Justvoip as outbound only
4. Couldn't do 4. because 3. didn't work (I think it had to do with servers being down) Didn't find out until after I upgraded to Paid Voxalot.
5. After paying and being upgraded I tried to register my Justvoip and of course that failed because of server issue.
6. I have had for years an electronic fax number, that will also do voicemail, so I tried to forward to that...didn't work. I really didn't want to use that number for voicemail anyway, as you then get the voice prompts to press this to leave a message or press send to send fax, etc. I like it just as a fax line and then I get my faxes via email when I am on the road.
7. So now that all is working, I will let my paid account run it's course for the year, then I can continue with a free account.
8. As to your comment 2. I need to have my DIDWW number point to my Justvoip acct to receive incoming calls. I also have my toll Free (877 number) pointing to my DIDWW number.
9. It's a bit of a roadmap, but it all works. The only thing I have lost is the $15 for the upgrade that I didn't really need, but I can live with that.
10. Next year I'm on the free ride.

Last edited by smithwithani; 04-20-2009 at 10:00 PM.
smithwithani is offline   Reply With Quote