View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser
Default Voicemail file with Windows Mobile

I have a HTC Touch pro with Windows Mobile. I am using voicemail with Voxalot. When I receive the email from Voxalot on my phone with the voicemail attached the format of the voicemail-file is not recognised.

The name of the attachment is "Voicemail sound attachment", when I try to open it I get an errormessage "Unrecognized file type".

When I download the same message with Microsoft Outlook on XP or Vista the name of the attachment is msg0035.WAV. When I synchronize the email in Outlook with my phone I can listen to the voicemail on my phone without problems. Filename and type are recognised correctly.

I get email with soundattachments also from another provider and don't have problems with them. So there is something "wrong" the way the attachment is sent by Voxalot. The filename and type are not recognised by Windows mobile. Is it possible to change the way voicemail attachments are sent ?
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote