View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
jenalcom

jenalcom is on a distinguished road
Default Using a 2 port ATA with Voxalot

In particular the Sipura 2100.

OK. This is what I want to try and do. I'm not sure if it will work and after reading the FAQs and tutorials and searching the forums I'm still in the dark.

So here goes:

1)The Sipura 2100 has two ports which I will register as two separate IDs with voxalot (eg. 111111 and 222222).

2) I have 3 VSP accounts at the moment (Sipme, Oztell and Mynetfone) which I want BOTH ATA ports to be able to access via dial plans. I believe this should be OK via multiple registrations on the VSPs.

3) Both Voxalot IDs (and their related PSTN numbers) will be registered with e164.org for incoming calls and should forward calls to their respective separate ports on the ATA.

My understanding is that all the above should work fine. The problem comes when we start talking about incoming calls.

Say I have DIDs with both Oztell and Mynetfone. I only want the Oztell DID to ring the first ATA port (Voxalot ID 111111) and I only want the Mynetfone DID ring the second ATA port (Voxalot ID 2222222).

As I have effectively dual registration with both Oztell and Mynetfone via Voxalot then if I am using say Oztell from the ATA port1 (Voxalot ID 111111) and a call comes in on the Oztell DID then it would appear that the phone on the second ATA port will ring (Voxalot ID 222222) which I don't want to happen! The same thing with the Mynetfone DID.

Is there a way to make an incoming DID call from a provider go to only one port? In my case I want the Oztell DID call to only go to ATA port 1 (Voxalot ID 111111) and the Mynetfone DID call to only go to ATA port 2 (Voxalot ID 222222).

I though about using "call Forwarding" but I don't think it will do this. Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks

Alan
jenalcom is offline   Reply With Quote