View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
jakek

jakek is on a distinguished road
Default Transparent Voxalot Integration Question

I have been with Callcentric for over a year or so and love them. Recently, I purchased a Linksys WIP330 and have an existing Linksys PAP2T for my home phone.

I reason I have turned to Voxalot is because of ENUM lookup and but most of all so I can register all of my SIP devices and have them ring simultaneously.

My goal is to use Voxalot transparently to handle the multiple SIP registrations. I still want to use Callcentric for their voice messaging and call handling features.

My question is if I sign up for a premium account with Voxalot, (so I can register directly with Callcentric instead of using Callcentric’s SIP forwarding):

- Will Callcentric voicemail still work, (i.e. with an incoming call after ‘ringing’ Voxalot for 25 seconds will it go to my Callcentric voice mail?)

- Can I dial Callcentric’s internal registered voice mail access code *123 even though my phones are registered with Voxalot?

- Also, will the MWI signal carry through Voxalot to my phone when I have a voice mail on Callcentric?

Lastly, has anyone had luck with using Callcentric and turning off ‘symmetric NAT handling' and enabling ‘Optimized Audio Path.’ If I understand correctly with these settings my RTP packets will bypass Voxalot all together and Voxalot will only handle SIP traffic? Is this just a problem with my router/firewall configuration? (I have a ASUS 500G v2 running DD-WRT)

Thanks for your help.
jakek is offline   Reply With Quote