View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
Thanks for the updated info. It's really weird... in our server logs, all of your requests are returning with a status code of 200 (success).

Are you with Rogers, per chance? Doing some googling around, I see that there are many instances where Motorola users on the Rogers network are experiencing this problem. My best guess is that their proxy gets the successful response from our server and decides that it is too big and gives your phone a 413. Very weird! I wonder if there is anything in your provider's terms and conditions about it...

If this is the case, then even on the old layout, you would eventually get bitten (depending on how many entries you have stored). Just out of curiosity, what happens if you surf other non-mobile friendly sites? Do you get a 413 in those cases too?

Anyway, how to fix it? I guess I could revert to the original page. However, there are a lot of people that have asked for the number entry functionality. I think that I will probably leave the default mobile web callback page as it is, but create a separate page that just contains the pre-saved names (like we used to have). Would that help?

--
Craig
Hi Craig, remember me? I'm one of those who are very happy with the new interface .
The only thing as stated in the other post is the entry field at the bottom instead of the top and as stated here, the edit and delete buttons make the scroll much longer.I really think that we could add or delete directly from the website and use the mobile callback just to direct-dial or enter the numbers in the fields and this way spend less time scrolling.
The old interface did not permit to enter a number directly and dial it when for example we are far from the computer.
So if it is possible, keep it like that (with the number entries on top of the page ) but i can understand the demand of the previous poster.
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote