View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
I just tried logging in again about 5 mins ago, its 7.42pm Friday Oct 26th, and I am still getting the error message 413: Page cannot be displayed.
Thanks for the updated info. It's really weird... in our server logs, all of your requests are returning with a status code of 200 (success).

Are you with Rogers, per chance? Doing some googling around, I see that there are many instances where Motorola users on the Rogers network are experiencing this problem. My best guess is that their proxy gets the successful response from our server and decides that it is too big and gives your phone a 413. Very weird! I wonder if there is anything in your provider's terms and conditions about it...

If this is the case, then even on the old layout, you would eventually get bitten (depending on how many entries you have stored). Just out of curiosity, what happens if you surf other non-mobile friendly sites? Do you get a 413 in those cases too?

Anyway, how to fix it? I guess I could revert to the original page. However, there are a lot of people that have asked for the number entry functionality. I think that I will probably leave the default mobile web callback page as it is, but create a separate page that just contains the pre-saved names (like we used to have). Would that help?

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote