View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
bokaroseani

bokaroseani is on a distinguished road
Default Call drops every 3 to 5 minutes

Hi,

I am a long-time user of voxalot service...I have used it with a DLink DVG-1402S ATA as my home phone for last 1. We recently moved from the US to the Netherlands and just got our ADSL internet connection set up this weekend. Unfortunately, I now find that any calls that I make through the same ATA that I used in the US, calls drop every 3-5 minutes. I have not been able to make calls for longer than 6 minutes over the internet even when I route the calls through other VoIP services via voxalot (I tried Gizmoporject and Voipdiscount). So I beleive that the problem is not at voxalot server end but maybe in my service provider's end?

Another thing that I just discovered is that incoming calls to my ATA do not get dropped, not at least in the 15 or so minutes that I tested it. But outgoing calls from my ATA to other sip numbers or regular telephone numbers get dropped after about every 5 minutes.

I am wondering if anyone in this forum has experienced similar problem and if so, what have they done to fix it. Does anyone know if internet service providers can detect and end a SIP call legally in the Netherlands? (I cannot attribute this to the internet service provider with any certainty but it seems very likely.) I use an ADSL service from a company called iPact which has its own "Voice over ADSL" service which I did not subscribe to.

If anyone has similar experience or has a suggestion for me, please do let me know. Thanks.
bokaroseani is offline   Reply With Quote