Thread: Cisco 7940
View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
jonfry

jonfry is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to jonfry Send a message via AIM to jonfry Send a message via Yahoo to jonfry Send a message via Skype™ to jonfry
Default Cisco 7940

Hi all,

I've bought myself a Cisco 7940G IP phone from eBay. I'm in the process of working through upgrading the firmware to SIP so I can use it with VoXaLot.

I have the TFTP server set up and working and I've dropped in the new SIP firmware image files.

According to the instructions I'm reading I also need to place a SIPDefault.cnf and/or a SIPmac_address.cnf file into the TFTP server so it's loaded by the phone.

There's many examples of these files on various web sites but each example I look at differs greatly from the next to such a point as I'm not sure what I should have in each file and what I shouldn't.

Does anybody have a Cisco 7940 or 7960 working with VoXaLot who would be kind enough to copy the contents of their .cnf files into here (with their own details XXXXX'd out!) so I have something constructive to work with?

Any help would be appreciated. This is a new challenge and I'm determined the phone's not going to win!

Thanks,
Jon
jonfry is offline   Reply With Quote