View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #45
dfisbein

dfisbein is on a distinguished road
Default It is good to reflect about this issue

Ended this nightmare of 5 days with no service, I think that there is good to reflect about this issue. I am very surprised for the bad management of Voxalot!

It is incredible that they did not have a procedure in case of problems with LeaseWeb in a kind of service that must be "fault tolerance" for an important VoIP provider, especially as for that LeaseWeb had bad reports in the web. It is also incredible that during the crisis Voxalot did not put a clear warning of this problem in their home page.

They started managing the issue very bad. For the first post they took 24 hours. I was looking at the advances, and it seemed that I was looking at a “slow motioned” movie. Was as if for to solve an emergency they had all the time of the world!

The most pathetic thing was when they opened a new space in the Forum to discuss about things like: if it is a good idea to have one or more EU servers, or in which countries has to be these. That was not the time of reflection, but to attack the emergency in a fast way! In other words, instead of putting themselves in the roll of the captain, they chose to be just the musicians of the Titanic.

It is clear that this one will have some deep consequences in the Voxalot future. It will be very difficult for them to be again a reliable VoIP provider if they try to hide this issue. In other words, I think that they should publish in this Forum the changes that their internal structure needs.
dfisbein is offline   Reply With Quote