View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
What's interesting is that when I forward (*72) some other voip number to my provider that rings my ATA registered with voxalot, I do see a correct CID. Doesn't it mean that my provider does pass CID in certain cases, and all this is just an integration problem?
Ok think of it like this, let's break down the call:

Part 1: Caller To VoXalot (CID is intact up to this point)
Part 2: Forwarding to number 123 via Provider X
Part 3: Provider X to destination (Receive CID of provider X)

The issue is in the second step, unlike when enabling CallForward from your provider, VoXalot's forwarding sets up a call on its own (Part 2) and connects with the original call (Part 1).... So you need Provider X to have a CID feature that can be spoofed at will. Provider X does not see Part 2 as a CF command, or an incoming call, it thinks it is nothing more than an outgoing call from a device, thinking it should naturally send its own CID

About 99% of consumer level providers do not unfortunately support CID spoofing at will.....business level providers do allow this feature, but for normal users like us, it is cost prohibitive

Regardless of what I come up with as an explanation though, the short answer is CID will pass through, if the provider you are using supports CID spoofing.....unfortunately support is limited among consumer level providers
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote