View Single Post
Unread 06-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
pmerrill

pmerrill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity
OMG, that is amazingly expensive! If other providers do the same thing, then VoIP will not be near as cheap to operate. Always thought NodePhone was very expensive at 18c per call.

Also, Astratel has been reported as having silent call issues for about a year too! It doesn't sound at all good for Astratel.
It is quite expensive (compaiable to Optus) but still worth quite a bit to me. We both work, make very few phone calls from home and when we do we're typically calling family in WA or VIC. So, the net result for us is that we loose a $25 per month connection fee from Optus and have to pay for about 20 local calls a month $4 (use to be $2), so I'm still way ahead. I'm going to stay with AstralTEL for a while (free DID saves me about $5 per month) in the hope that the quality gets better as some people leave the fold. Let's just hope they do not go under.

Not that we make international calls but 19.9c also pays for a one hour phone call to 22 countries. That's pretty cheap compared to the rest isn't it?
pmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote