View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
casch

casch is on a distinguished road
Angry where is Voxalot's Router-Setup Howto?

Thanks Ron,
at your link I can read:
Quote:
One-way audio problem are frequently (nearly always?) caused by routing/router/NAT issues. The first step is to try using a STUN server if you're not already. The next is to forward the RTP range of ports, and if still having problems, the SIP port(s).
I am using voxalot's stun and still have that problem!
Due to the fact that this appeares even with the echo-test *600, it is s.th. between voxalot and me - fine, at least we can address the problem.

So this raises some questions, that are essential but not answered anywhere @voxalot!

1) what are the rtp-ports (Voxalot uses)?
Here I read that rtp uses:
0 16383 unclassified lowest
16384 32767 audio highest
32768 49151 whiteboard medium
49152 65535 video low

Does that mean I should forward the range from 0 - 32767 to my wlan-phone?
Seems a bit stange to me! See 3).
2) The sip-port Voxalot uses 5060 (and others?)
Voxalot uses 5060 - can I use for the other 5061?
I read (in german) that SIPPS needs a second port two counts higher - is this required by voxalot?

Can I use a unique voxalot port not to interfear with others?
3) what if my wlan-phone is not the only voip-device?
What can I do if I like to do Voip (skype and other provider) via my pc (at least one second voip-device) as well, not only with my wlan-phone.

Wouldn't it be nice if voxalot usese a set of 'free' and 'unique' port numbers to make the router set up and the port forwarding much easier but under the condition that both (voxalot)-provider and the Voip-device are not the only one in the world!!
Why is there nothing @voxalot that describes a clean setup of a router?

I am sure that I am not the only person that experiences theses problems and Voxalot knows best what ports they are using. So where is the HowTo for the router/Firewall - all what I found by google ends with: call you administrator

Greetings