View Single Post
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Chops in France

Chops in France is on a distinguished road
Default Can't dial International - Local OK...

Hello

I'm sure this is already covered somewhere, but I have searched and read many threads, but really doesn't help!

I have set up my Voxalot account with only one outgoing provider - VoipCheap.com. I have two incoming providers, which is why I have set up Voxalot in the first place.

Prior to using Voxalot, I was using only the settings on my ATA, and all was well.
For local calls, I was also having to dial the International code - which did not bother me much, and given more time I would have set up a dial plan on my ATA.

However, using Voxalot changed that, and I could dial local numbers without the International code...

But today I have tried calling International, and I get the busy or unavailable tone (a high-pitched broken tone, quick on/off cycles on twice as long as off).

I have played with the dial plan - which was the defaut set by Voxalot, but I can't set it up properly. I get the tone at different places in the dial string, depending on how I set the dial plan.

Rather than tell you what I tried, maybe someone can just tell me what to set?

I am in France (33) and wish to mainly call here and UK (0044) - I would prefer to dial local numbers as they are (038624xxxx for example) and I would dial an International number as it is (00441235xxxxxx)

Thanks in advance!

Chops
Chops in France is offline   Reply With Quote