View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
Kars

Kars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobre84
Hi, my skills are limited as I've just started fiddling around with voxalot these days, but I'll try to help you... Anyone free to correct and give better instructions

_00. Voipcheap -> ${EXTEN} for international calls
_0Z. Voipcheap -> 0039${EXTEN:1} 0+area code -> 0039+areacode+number without leading 0, thats how it works in my country, i dont know if you keep the 0 , if not take off the :1 in the {}
I believe in Italy the 0 should not be removed, at least that's what this table of international dialing codes says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobre84
_3. Voipcheap -> 0039${EXTEN} adds country codes for numbers starting with 3

_800. Skypho -> ${EXTEN} pass 800 local numbers without change to skypho
_1[123578]. Skypho -> ${EXTEN} pass 1xxx numbers, except 14xxx, 16xx and 19xxx numbers
With all these you also have to set "ENUM Replacement" correctly. The default is to use the same as the "Replacement" setting, but that is not always correct (it needs to be in international number format always, starting with the country code, no IDD). That's why you get the strange replacement for 800xxx numbers.

For the above dial plan, the ENUM replacement should be:

${EXTEN:2} (international calls)
39${EXTEN} (national calls with area code)
39${EXTEN} (mobile phones)
39${EXTEN} (800 local numbers)
39${EXTEN} (1xxx numbers, except 14xxx, 16xxx and 19xxx numbers)

You can do even fancier stuff, like automatically adding your local area code to "local" numbers. I would indeed turn of the dial plan feature of your ATA, otherwise things might get confusing (especially with ENUM replacement).

Last edited by Kars; 07-19-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Kars is offline   Reply With Quote