View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2009, 03:32 AM   #3
tdogg

tdogg is on a distinguished road

whooo hooo!

thanks so much for the help! it is fixed! incoming calls work!!! i think it was UPnP

but here is what i did anyway if it might help others in future with a similar problem:

--------------------------------------------------------
Outgoimg Calls: Can you reach *600 (Echo Test)
-yes, the call is successful, no surprises as my outgoing calls are all working fine and have been for years now.

Incoming Calls:
Try calling a SIPBroker number.....
-i am successfully put through to the sip broker (again no surprise, regular outgoing call), after entering in the number i get an engaged signal.

-Try entering your voxalot URI 123456@voxalot.com in the link below....
-i get this message on the webpage: "Call to *010*600 has been initiated." nothing else happens.

Possible Solutions:

If your router has UPnP I would suggest activating that rather than DMZ
-enabled UPnP (was turned off) DMZ wasn't being used.

Preferably make sure you have STUN set up (stun.xten.com has been working for me)
-don't know anything about this?

This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:
-router ATA is an all in one, haven't port forwared anything yet, will do so if it is needed though.

Make sure there are no Internet Connection problems. Run a SpeedTest, or maybe VoIP test at TestYourVoIP.com
-net connection is fine, speed test / voip test fine.

If Nat Symmetric Handling is set to NO and Optimize audio to YES....
-NAT symmetric handling was set to yes, left it there, never used optimize audio path, left it alone.

Make sure that the codec string you have set up matches what the provider supports...
-all of my VSP's in voxalot are set to - alaw;ulaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm;g723
my nb9w is set to alaw.
tdogg is offline   Reply With Quote