View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #10
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinko View Post
Thanks for your help.

I have been hesitating to change to us.voxalot or eu.voxalot.com since I read messages on the forum where people had problems with the unit after making the change in January and February: http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?p=4807#post4807
Are there any major advantages to changing to specific us or eu server other than shorter latency time?
I think the initial problems Voxalot suffered in the change-over were all identified and corrected in the first week or so. I am recommending that change because voxalot.com is no longer a supported server name for registration and I think the intention is to remove it at some point. Beyond that, this way would allow you to select a geographically close server and take advantage of 'fallback' to another server automatically in the event one of them goes down.

Quote:
Also, when I set register expires to 600, would there be any adverse effect, for instance, if the registration is not succesfull twice in a row I was reading somewhere on the forum that "VoXaLot is programmed to then retry every 2 mins for up to one hour, after which time the request is moved into "Failed" status." but I do not know if this applies to the registration situation or not?

Please help.
No there would be no adverse affect at all, except slightly more bandwidth being generated between you and Voxalot as you register 6x as frequently. The effect you are quoting is what happens when a provider you select for registration within your Voxalot account page fails to register, and is how the Voxalot service then treats that 3rd party provider. The change in time in your Sipura has absolutely no effect on how Voxalot and the 3rd party provider interact, it is just how often your device (in this case the Sipura) registers with Voxalot.

In point of fact, I just recommended that in case the IP-jumping affect of DSL is what is happening but the most critical changes from above are adding those STUN settings. Those should really help.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote