Thread: Issues Please?
View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #8
richard

richard is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your suggestions Ron.

Yes, my OUTBOUND calls via vBuzzer through Voxalot (SIP registered Provider) works fine too. No problem with audio. Its the incoming calls on the vBuzzer PSTN that doesn't work.

I tried putting the ATA into the DMZ and still the same one-way audio problem and with your suggestion I connected the ATA directly to my cable modem (eliminated the router) and I got the same problem. One-way communications. This is the reason why I think its a Voxalot/Asterisk issue.

I'm not sure that making any other changes to my router will help, but if you can think of any, please send it my way. All other VSPs work fine.

Take care

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Richard,

I have Vbuzzer set up on VoXaLot as a SIP registered provider and have no audio problems on outgoing calls (I don't have a Vbuzzer incoming number so I can't test that direction).

One-way audio problems are usually related to NAT issues on the user's router. You might want to confirm this by temporarily connecting your ATA directly to your modem so that no router is involved. If the problem goes away, you will know the problem is on your end. NAT issues can usually be solved with appropiate settings in the router and/or ATA.

Ron
richard is offline   Reply With Quote