View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
evilbunny

evilbunny is on a distinguished road

Just because I like to be a gluten for punishment I've also made a proper Encrypted ENUM Lookup FastAGI PHP script. I had a look at a couple of other FastAGI scripts made in PHP and I couldn't find one that didn't cheat! They all used inetd or similar instead of containing any sockets and forking code of their own.

This is a pretty basic first crack at it, but it is a self contained daemon, you can you -v to prevent the main process from forking, but connections will still be forked to prevent locking while DNS lookups occur.

The 128bit key is only generated once during start up, this is both good and bad, good because urandom won't get hammered, bad because the memory could get extracted by another user, maybe a config option to regenerate might be in order.

It didn't occur to me that other enum lookup scripts we've produced didn't come with extension.conf examples too, so I've tried to document this script better.

http://www.e164.org/enumlookup.fagi

Bunch of todo stuff at the end of the top comment block, no doubt I have overlooked some thing or other, and there is sections that could be implemented better. I wonder if some people aren't taking me seriously because these proof of concepts were developed using PHP.
evilbunny is offline   Reply With Quote