View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
BigTex

BigTex is on a distinguished road
Default Many thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I succeeded in getting the four lines connected to my Vitelity account, via Voxalot (Vitelity had limited me to two). Then I discovered a lot of additional things I could do via Voxalot and my SPA2102:

1. Enable free phone calls among all four phones by registering my number with E164.com. I couldn't do this with Vitelity alone.
2. Get free outgoing toll free calls automatically with ENUM. Although Vitelity toll-free calls are free also, I've found, and Vitelity has confirmed, that the quality can suffer. So far the free toll-free providers that Voxalot redirects me to have great quality.
3. Create dial plans that choose my Vitelity sub-account based upon the area code I'm dialing. Why would I want to do this? Because I can specify a different outgoing caller ID for each sub-account with Vitelity, making my call appear local to the area code I'm calling (I have two phone numbers in two locations and when I dial a number in one of those locations, I want the callerID to show my number in that location regardless of where I initiated the call). Following the Voxalot and Sipura/ATA Tutorial I also made a Sipura dial plan that let me force which Vitelity subaccount to use by having a "#X" prefix.

I really appreciate the effort that Christopher Tylor put into the tutorial I mentioned above, as well as that of everyone else who has contributed to Voxalot.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote