View Single Post
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #22
casch

casch is on a distinguished road

Well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Hi,

I am unable to advise as to what your problem was as your provider list is now empty. That said, if it was going to VoXaLot voicemail then it is usually the connection between your ATA and VoXaLot that is not established.

Thanks
My ATA (SPA941) is registered, it shows the successful registered symbol
(=not-splitted-Tel) for a valid registration, if I hook off this (second) line
I get the dial tone.

Now, this is my situation:
- If s.o. (dibsmft) directly dials my voxalot no. (305234@voxcalot.com) my ATA rings as it should,

- if s.o. dials (dibsmft tested this)
> +1-902-482-3738
> and type in the ENUM at the prompt:
> 008829993305234
my ATA rings,

- BUT if the same person (right after this) dials +43-1-230720-305234
(this forwards the calls acc. to ENUM to voxalot from selfnet [sorry for my typo])
the ATA does not ring - or has rung twice - but the calls are send to VM.

I don't see what causes this problem, I am confused because it has
worked twice.

Could this be the problem, as my voxalot no. 305234 is part of the tel.no. (+431 20720 305234) that selfnet uses to identify my ENUM entry to forward the calls my address at voxalot (305234@voxalt.com)? Could it be that if I call myself from +43720 305234 (my VoiPDiscount No.) this is regarded as a loopback and everything goes directly to the VM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Shibu Raj / Martin,

There has always been a loopback problem calling an FWD number that is registered with VoXaLot when the origin is also VoXaLot. VoXaLot apparently rejects the call as a loopback situation and the call ends up on FWD voicemail. Try calling the same FWD number as *393xxxxxx from VoXaLot and it will go through to the appropriate VoXaLot destination.

This has always bugged me, but I didn't want to suggest derailing other issues to investigate this one.

Ron
Shall I register under a different no. (but I'd prefer to have only 1 no.)?

Thanks,
Carl