View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
MGifos

MGifos will become famous soon enough

I believe that ENUM and IP direct dialing are separate VoIP features. At a general ENUM allows translation of one address to another. I use e164.org. In this database my PSTN number is listed and associated with my VoIP number. In this case I use my VoXaLot account number. This means that anyone who is using VoIP system which looks up e164.org and calls me on my PSTN number will automatically be translated to a call on my VoIP number. Thsi means that people calling me via VoIP will be automatically save money because their call to a PSTN number will be replaced by a free VoIP call.

IP direct dialing supports calling a device or software in a way that does not require the device or software to be registered to a VoiP provider. I use this because I ave an ATA registered to iiNet so that I can make and recieve calls. So that I can recieve calls via other methods my ATA is set up to recieve IP direct calls. The IP address of my ATA is recorded in SIPBroker and SIPBroker relates this to a VoIP number. People can call me via VoiP by calling me on my SIPBroker number which is translated to a call at my IP. Simple?

Regard. MG.
MGifos is offline   Reply With Quote