View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Ok,

1. Just so that we can understand each other let's set this up first:
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to NO, we'll call these Registered (this is what you should be doing if you're only using the provider to make calls)
-If you have a provider setup in VoXalot, but SIP Register is set to YES, we'll call these SIP Registered (this is what you should be doing if you want to receive calls from a provider
Yes, my understanding of Registered and SIP Registered is the same as what you stated.

Quote:
Now from what I can conclude you have the following:
-Acanac: SIP Registered
-VoiceNetwork: Registered (or is this SIP Registered as well)
-Eutelia: SIP Registered
-PennyTel: Registered

(Correct any of the above, If I have got them wrong)
All 4 providers listed above are SIP Registered! I need all of them mainly for receiving calls.

Quote:
2. About VoiceNetwork
Did you decide whether your are going to SIP Register VoiceNetwork in VoXalot, or forward incoming calls to your VoXalot acct via SIP URI?
VoiceNetwork is SIP Registered in VoXalot. As mentioned above, I need the incoming call functionality more than outgoing. I have tried both their PSTN forwarding and SIP URI forwarding, both work fine. Until I run out of my allowed registration limit in VoXalot, I'll leave it as such.

Quote:
When a call comes in right now, is audio fine at first, then it drops later?
I haven't tested this for almost a week (not in town to test), but when I first started this thread, it would "drop" at various lenghts of the call. By "drop" I mean that the receiving end (VoiceNetwork) would not hear a thing, but the calling end (WWW-whole wide world) would continue to hear everything just fine!

Quote:
3. About *600
-What's the dial plan string in your PAP2 like?
-Will dialing just 600 work?
-Can you still call 500 or *500 fine
*600 didn't work when I last posted, but it worked fine last night! *500 always worked, and is fine! My dial plan is long...something I picked up from the PAP2 turorial here. Nothing fancy, and is geared for NA dialing. I'll post my screen shots later to show you what I have.

I had tried dialing 600 alone, and that didn't work either (dead air, similar to *600).

Quote:
4. About VoiceMail

A few things you may want to know:
-If you listen to a message then hangup it will likely still remain as a new message
-You need to either save or erase it.
-There is one more issue with the Message Waiting Indicator (or Interrupted tone when you pick up the phone and have a new message). It tends to get stuck if you listen to a new message and then erase it. It seem to run much smoother, if after listening to a message you save it to the old messages folder and erase it later (see http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...resetting.html )
I understand the fact that I must delete messages for them to be "erased" from the mailbox. This was done. I had some messages from Nov 06 in my VoXalot mailbox (when I first signed up and tested). Those 4 test messages would still show up everytime I erased them. I had to delete them from the VoXalot web interface to disappear permanently.

The MWI on my PAP2 had a setting of 300 seconds. I guess it would take 5 minutes for VoXalot to update this if my message count changes with them. Not a big issue, as we hardly get messages on VoXalot anyways!

Quote:
5. About your PAP2 setup

I am not fully clear on what setting you had to adjust to get to register properly, but since it is now working....provided you have a moment, grab some snapshots...

I'd be happy to add them alongside Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ
I will provide some screen shots later this week for you to add in the FAQ!

Last edited by sprinter; 08-07-2008 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Clarify response
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote