View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road

Update:

1. I've updated Handle/Insert VIA received/rport and STUN settings, and now my ATA (PAP2-NA) is registering every 600 seconds. Thanks kurun!

2. I've setup my ATA to register directly with Voxalot. Acanac is now a registered SIP provider in Acanac (along with Voicenetwork, PennyTel and Eutelia). All providers will be used for incoming calls, and only Acanac will be used for outgoing (all except calls to Australia, which will be handled via PennyTel).

3. I wanted to use Voicenetwork for incoming as well, only for times when Acanac goes down. At least folks at home (where ATA is registered to Voxalot) will be able to still keep in touch with a local provider (assuming that Voxalot doesn't go down itself). Thanks emoci for "drawing" the call flow. it makes perfect sense!

4. Voicemail from Nov 2006 were still showing up in my mailbox. I've done *500 from the phone numerous times, and 4 of these messages were always in. After deleting them from my account online, these are now gone!

Now on to other/new issues:

1. Inbound calls to all 4 registered providers (see above) work fine. However, only to Voicenetwork, calls go silent on the ATA end after some time (anywhere between 2m13s to over 10m15s). I couldn't find a reason why this would happen, at random intervals!

2. After changing the values mentioned in #1 above (far above), I can't call out to *600. It is dead air!

3. Inbound calls: I need to use call forward (unless there is a better option) to send known telemarketers to voicemail. So far, I've defined any number on any provider that begins with 1800 to go to voicemail. I still got a call after doing that. Did I set it up right? Or is there a certain amount of time before the servers get "updated" before these kind of calls go to voicemail?
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote