View Single Post
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

1. In terms of setting up the PAP2, take a look at this:
Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

2. In terms of receiving calls

-If your ATA is registered with VoXalot, inbound calls to each of those providers will ring directly to VoXalot and therefore your ATA...
It is pointless to force all calls to your VoiceNetwork trunk

-However, since for the time being you do not have an ATA registered to VoXalot, you can set a Call Forwarding rule...(this should only be temporary though, until you move to using VoXalot in your ATA)

My question is the following though:
If you already have VoiceNetwork registered (as in SIP Register set to Yes) in VoXalot, forwarding all calls coming in from other providers will create something like this:

Any incoming Provider>>VoXalot>>VoiceNetwork

but

VoiceNetwork(is also an incoming provider)>>VoXalot>>VoiceNetwork

So as you see this will lead to an infinite loop anyways.

What you want to do, is to forward these calls (at least temporarily until you decide to register directly with VoXalot) to a third party not involved currently in VoXalot..

For example, it seems to me you have Acanac currently registered in your ATA (but not registered in VoXalot). Then forward the calls to either your Acanac SIP URI (probably the best choice, but whether Acanac supports this is questionable), or your Acanac Number (remember though you'll need a provider to handle this call, SipBroker or VoXalot won't do it for you)

3.I noticed kurun posted above, let me once more stress two very important things from his post:
-If you are not planning on using a provider for receiving calls (if it is to be used for making calls only) there is no point in setting SIP Register to yes
-For providers like VoiceNetwork where SIP URI Forwarding is supported on their end, there is no need to SIP Register it in VoXalot, you can use their SIP Forwarding instead (this in turn saves you 1 registration slot that you can use for another provider.....don't confuse SIP Forwarding from VoiceNetwork,with SIP Forwarding to VoiceNetwork, they seem to support the first, but not the second)

Hope that helps get you started....

Keep us updated how it goes...

Last edited by emoci; 07-30-2008 at 05:30 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote