View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:43 AM   #13
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prioryc View Post
Since the Betamax change I have noticed a problem with outgoing calls through a single voipcheap account from both my home and office.
It would appear that Betamax are possibly using the originating IP address to limit outgoing calls from single IP Addresses but have incorporated a timeout to allow for dynamic IP address changes.
What I get is "503 Unauthorised" if either:
1) was making a call just before my ADSL line drops and I try to make another as soon as the link is re-established
2) My wife makes a call from home just before I make a call from the office (2 different ADSL links & IP Addresses)
In both cases it seems to take a few minutes before another outgoing call can be made from the alternate IP Address.
Unfortunately even having a second voipcheap account will not completely solve this issue because one of my ADSL lines is at it's limits and does drop off fairly often.
If this is the the cause then I must admit it has already been rather annoying.

In my case I dropped my line (by disconnecting the phone socket) and I could re-call imediatelly after replugging it again

and I have to say that except for twice of wich once was a self inflicted problem by trying to use Pbxes, voxalot has been working as planned.
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote