View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
sleek

sleek is on a distinguished road

I'm using Grandstream HT-502 and the latest firmware includes failover SIP server field so SRV records or not I do have secondary option in case of disaster.

What I'm really digging is the fact that SRV records work vice versa. For example if my primary server fails and devices register to one of the alternatives, I have to log in and change the SIP server on record with IPKall to reflect on the sip proxy switch. Now, regardless of which server my registration goes to, or which server IPKall have on record, URIs are always forwarded to me so that is downright perfect! Bravo! No more missed calls in that regard.

Hey Martin, perhaps you should create SRV records for voxalot.com or sip.voxalot.com for forwarding reasons. Since the eu., us., and au. SRV only matters from geographical stand point, otherwise it's irrelevant when URI forwarding is implemented to either of Voxalot's users. Not that it really matters, though certain clarity will be established for users who have DIDs or have other VSPs forwarded TO Voxalot.
sleek is offline   Reply With Quote