View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

ThaiConnection,

I'm not aware of any problems with forwarding to VoXaLot from any provider which supports SIP URI forwarding. It has worked fine from day one for me with FWD, IPKall, FreeDigits, and now Gizmo Project. The general format is "sip:<voxalot_number>@voxalot.com" (along with the variations previously described). Your ATA that is registered with VoXaLot should then receive those incoming calls.

Using the DracoFelis approach to forward calls directy to your ATA using "sip:<voxalot_number>@mydomain.dyndns.org" *should* work, but requires that your router have port forwarding in place place and be working properly. Since there's no need to wrestle with this approach, I highly recommend letting VoXaLot do all the work.

You should be able to call another VoXaLot user by simply using his 6-digit VoXaLot number, providing you're calling out on your ATA that is registered with VoXaLot.

It's starting to sound like you don't have your ATA set up properly with VoXaLot. The UserID should be your VoXaLot number. The password should be your VoXaLot password. The Proxy/Host should be voxalot.com. You should be able to dial 500 and reach your voicemail. Dialing 600 should get an echo test.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote