View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Caller ID Name & Number

Hi

Okay, I'm been trying, but can't figure out how to get Voxalot to send both a Caller ID name & Number to the called party.

Issue # 1:

When I am doing a direct VOXALOT to VOXALOT call (ie: Two VoIP phones registered with Voxalot), Voxalot delivers the information stored in the "Display Name" field on my SPA1001 and 3000. If I place a phone number here, it will display the phone number. If I place a name here, such as "John Doe" it will display that information. The problem is, this is not considered by the called device as a number that can be re-dialed using the device's CID list, but instead a CID "Name" without a valid CID phone number.

Issue # 2:

When I'm calling out through VoipBuster, registered as a "Voice Service Provider" in Voxalot and I have the "From User" set as a valid phone number, VoipBuster delivers the provided phone number to the called party as a CID Number. Valid for CID callback ;-). This is the opposite result of a Voxalot to Voxalot call. This is great and is probably the way VoipBuster intended it, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get VoipBuster to display the CID Name also ;-) Not sure if this can be fixed as a setting within Voxalot or if its purely a VoipBuster issue.

If anyone has experienced any of these two issues and have found solutions, please post.

Thanks

Richard
richard is offline   Reply With Quote