View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbunny
Hutchinson is a carrier, I thought this meant you were in the same boat as you were with telstra since you're obviously the end user.

There can be exceptions, such as companies taking E1s and the reselling to end users, but for the most part LNP was supposed to stop this sort of crap of being held hostage by your carrier, I'd start complaining to your local member, the telecommunications ministers office, the ACMA, maybe even the ACCC...
I hear what you are saying loud and clear and have considered the same, but I don't think that I will actually get anywhere.... I almost had Telstra take over the number, but after evey attempt they made, there was always another hurdle and it seems that I have come to the end of the road with Telstra saving me from Hutchisions.

Time is running out to deal with ACMA and the ACCC. The last communications I had with Three [nee Orange -- really Hutchisons...] was that the only way I could keep the number for up to 12 months is to change to Three for my mobile and I don't want to do that AND they also require me to prove that I have the 038705xxxx number in Yellow pages.

They also said, at odds with themselves, that I could only extend the number as long as they continue their network, but they are apparently closing their network on the 9th of August, go figure.

btw the 12 months period was 3 months initially.... today I was offered 6 months, but I queried and told them that I was already offered 12 months -- that's when the Yellow pages come into the 'deal'....
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote