View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
jack

jack is on a distinguished road
Default One registration with VoxBasic

I've recently discovered Voxalot and I like it a lot. But I'm not sure if I like it $15/yr. Let me explain.

I have a hardware SIP phone which supports only one SIP account. I read about ENUM and Sipbroker and wanted to experiment with these because my SIP provider blocks inbound calls. So naturally Voxalot looked like a great addition. It worked like a charm.

I also happen to have a regular phone number (PSTN number) associated with my SIP account. People can call my PSTN number and my SIP phone rings when the SIP account is directly configured in the phone. But when I add Voxalot to the mix I would need at least VoxLite ($15 per year).

So now I have to choose:

- Use Voxalot and experiment with ENUM.
- Don't use Voxalot and be able to use my PSTN number.

Currently none of my friends use SIP (inbound or outbound) so the second option would seem more logical. I understand that SIP registrations use precious resources at Voxalot and you deserve to be paid for the service. But have you guys thought about an extra product (let's call it "VoxMini" :-) that:

- is free
- supports one (1) registration
- has no Unlimited Call Connection Rules
- has no Web/Mobile Call Back
- requires Optimized Audio Path (i.e. uses up little resources at Voxalot)
- has no voicemail

Any thoughts on this? The thing is, for the price of 1 or 2 years of VoxPremium I could buy an ATA to replace my SIP phone and configure multiple SIP accounts in it.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote