View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
andy

andy will become famous soon enough

I don't know if this is of any relevance, but in a simpler Nokia phone with no wi-fi - the 6070 - I had quite a bit of trouble getting set up to use a simple Java application that sends via grps data ...

The problem was defining the connection when I used a different SIM card in the unlocked phone. To change networks there are about four different places in the menu, on different branches of it, including configuration settings, default configuration settings, activate default in all applications, etc

After a total lack of help from Nokia, in which their CS accused me of fraud for the phone being unlocked, or they suggested that they didn't support third party applications by people who couldn't program properly and who should read the Java application notes on the Nokia website (and I was hung up on when I said that I'd read that the software worked on a Sony Ericsson and other Nokias), I eventually found yet another part of the menu that Nokia's tech support hadn't even mentioned - preferred access point, still set to Orange when I'd put in a Virgin SIM and switched all the other settings to Virgin.

So apologies if it's an off-topic ramble and turns out no help, but take another tour through all the phone menus for default and preferred options on connectivity, access, configuration and so on ...
andy is offline   Reply With Quote