Thread: Broadvoice
View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #17
emontes

emontes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post
I must admit that I am confused with what you are trying to achieve. If it is working, then why would you want to set the option back to No?

Perhaps if I give you a bit more background on how the registration process works, it might help you get some clarity.

To make outbound calls, you do not have to be registered with your provider (ie. you can set SIP Register=NO in Voxalot). This is the case for 99% of providers (there are some very rare exceptions that do make you register, but they are in the minority). The point I am making here is that just because you can make outbound calls does not necessarily mean that Voxalot is holding an active registration with that provider.

However, to accept inbound calls from that provider, then you do have to set SIP Register=YES. When you do this, we send a message to your provider saying that all incoming calls to your number should be sent to us.

If you are trying to configure both voxalot.com and pbxes.com to register, then Broadvoice doesn't know which one they should send inbound calls to.

That is why they say that you can only have one device (in this case, pbxes.com and voxalot.com are both acting as "devices") that is registered. When you deactivated your pbxes.com registration and reactivated your Voxalot one, that is why things started to work.

So, the question is where do you want calls to your Broadvoice number to be sent to: pbxes.com or voxalot.com.

I hope that helps explain a bit how it works.

--
Craig
Hi Craig,

Thanks for your answer.
Just one thing, it was not working here in voxalot.com and it is working in pbxes.com.
I havent tried to register both at the same time because I know it wont work, when I was trying with Voxalot, pbxes.com was set to register=no and vice-versa.
What I am telling you is that I set the option in pbxes.com for "just outbound calls", register=NO, then, you could do your tests registering Broadvoice with Voxalot.
After that, I tried to make a call, using BV and pbxes.com, and I was receiving an error message.
Then, I set the option in pbxes.com for "inbound and outbound calls" or register=YES, and when I tried to call again, it worked.
What I just wanna help with is with Broadvoice working with Voxalot as I can't receive calls, just make calls.

Thanks a lot,

Eryck
emontes is offline   Reply With Quote