View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #27
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFug View Post
Yeah, i hope so, so i don't have to throw my new modem/router into the trash never had any problems with any provider or switch service, like i now have with Voxalot, but i don't feel alone any more
I did came across a user, who solved the problem, by forwarding 5060, and the range 10000-20000 ports, 5060 is not the problem with me i guess, only to which address should one forward ports ? my "IP address", which can be found tru > run > cmd > ipconfig, ? i forwarded the 10K-20K range also to that address but didn't helped, is there a good guide on port forwarding ?
and DMZ ? to which address should one set this one ? is that safe to do ?
The 21 second connection drop is also the time the betamax provider doesn't "see" that the account owner "shares" it's ip address with other users through a non approved betamax switch service, like MSS.
So naturally, Voxalot registered at MSS has no use, and FUP stays an issue that way, but that way, my connection stays up, but doesn't solve the FUP issue. (sorry for the echo )examining the sip communication has also no use, since it is a network communication issue.. that explains also why a softpone doesn't change the situation, only one way audio problems are solved with that, if that's an option... btw. switched off the "N" feature for the wireless part, it only has to with HF signal at 2.4GHz that's 40MHz, instead of the 20MHz in normal "G" mode, so this is not connected to the 21 second connection lost issue.

btw. what we are experiencing, isn't caused by the Premium switch, like suggested elsewhere ?

btw2. what did you mean with my router dropping invites ? i guess my router has nothing to do with the SIP invites, only the the SIP client does, be it a device or softphone i guess,

@OP: after those 21 seconds, is your connection completely lost, or just the audio ?

(MSS=MySipSwitch)

1. When opening ports, they should be forwarded to the internal IP address of your ATA (for the Linksys series I think it is something like 192.168.1.xxx )

2. The fact that switching out the router fixed the problem, likely means that the original router was not forwarding further traffic for the ATA (or the SoftPhone) properly after the first little while (furthermore from the log you provided, Martin concluded that the BYE message was being initiated from your end which is in-line with the above assumption)

In my personal opinion (and I hope others here agree with me) and as I told to you via PM, security-wise I see little to no difference between the WRT54GL vs. the WAG160N....in fact my personal preference is with the WRT54G series just because there is substantial support and firmware from the open source community that provides a rich choice of options beyond what's included with the stock firmware.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote