View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

In your moms end, things are all well and good. You register her end with VoXalot, she plugs it in with an internet connection, her URI is xxxxxx@voxalot.com (from there how you call her is up to you)....

I would suggest rather than going the IPKall way, you could just use the SipBorker PSTN numbers, that way you can probably use a local number, rather than an IOWA number (but whatever you decide the possibilities are endless)

What you should worry about is how she calls you....

1. You are right the most convenient way would be to go the dyndns way (but from testing it doesn't work 100% of the time, and it depends in a combo of ATA/VoiceStick allowing and icoming call directly to your IP, not to discourage you from it, but run some thorough tests)

2. You could register your VoiceStick Number for PhoneGnome and then use PhoneGnome to forward calls to your actual VoiceStick number (but remember VoiceStick is now charging for incoming calls)
If you do decide to go down this road, there are some guides here Free DID Numbers, Free Voip Calls, & more Voip Info - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

This would be perfect too, but you'll still need to figure out how to get calls in, since VoiceStick does not accept incoming URI calls:

Quote:
Vice versa: Register your US Phone number with e164.org, your mother will dial the number she is used to and the dial plan you created in her Voxalot account will perform the ENUM lookup... The side effect will be that you can be reached for free by many others as welll!
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese View Post
I don't want to register SPA2002 with Voxalot. I thought it would be possible to do directly call my SPA2002 via URI sip:2313@myip.dyndns.org and I can call my mom by her registering with IPKall.com or something so she gets a real US number I can call from any phone line.
I'm pretty sure what I'm asking shall be straightforward to setup but there are so many different providers and brokers etc I'm trying to figure out which is the easiest way to do this.
Will following work?
1. Get Voxalot number.
2. Get Free DID from IPKall and put your Voxalot number as username and us.voxalot.com as SIP proxy
3. Register HandyTone 286 with Voxalot. Will this allow me to call my IPKall number and 286 will ring?
4. Create SpeedDial in Voxalot and assign it to sip:12321@myip.dyndns.org (my home IP adater URL). This shall enable to call me directly.

Last edited by emoci; 09-20-2007 at 12:52 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote