View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2007, 05:07 AM   #24
p2pvoice

p2pvoice is on a distinguished road
Default Will "new symmetric NAT setting" work for ATA behind a Zyxell symmetric firewall?

Martin:
This is a very impressive service!
I had had registered with Voxalot some time ago but didn't understand the POWER of this service until now. Today, I spent most of the day reading/testing tutorials.

One particular item - symmetric NAT handling - in this changelog caught my attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
VoXaLot Release Notes - 20070122
================================
New symmetric NAT handling setting

a). A new field has been added to the member details page that allows members to turn on/off VoXaLot NAT handling. This option is useful for disabling NAT handling for non symmetric NAT de vices such as the Cisco 7961G.

Note: If unsure, please leave this setting to "Yes"
I have many Grandstream ATAs, that are behind common SOHO router NATs, working well with my Asterisk server. However, one particular router - Zyxell Prestige 660HW-61 - is causing major headaches. So, I wanted to register this HT286 behind Prestige 660HW-61 with Voxalot and see how it works.

Prestige 660HW-61 apparently has a symmetric NAT/Firewall. Will an HT286 behind Zyxell Prestige 660HW-61 router work with Voxalot?

Do I have to set an "Outbound Proxy" to work with Zyxell?

If so, what is the relavent setting for HT286?

One more thing: I didn't quite understand "symmetric NAT handling capability" that is useful for "disabling NAT handling for non symmetric NAT de vices". an you please expand on this?
p2pvoice is offline   Reply With Quote