Thread: Call Forwarding
View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
smithwithani

smithwithani is on a distinguished road
Default Case closed

I have finally accomplished what I intended to do.

By setting up voxalot on my ATA line2 (I have a Linksys SPA 2102) I was able to dial *500 and access voicemail. I changed my messages accordingly.

I set up my account with DIDWW to use a Hunt Group with 2 mappings. The first rings my Justvoip(Betamax) account on my ATA for 20 secs....if I don't pickup then the second stage in the hunt group kicks in and rings my Voxalot acct.

On my voxalot account I have nothing but Voicemail active = yes and ring duration = 2 secs. I do not have a VSP registered, call connection(call forward) set or anything else.....Just Voicemail active = yes.

So when I don't answer the phone in 20 secs it jumps to voxalot voicemal and the message is taken and sent to me via email.

This has put my mind through the ringer, but persistance has paid off. All this because Justvoip(Betamax) does not offer voicemail.....and for $15 a year I can have Voxalot voicemail.

If only this procedure was explained on Voxalot it would have saved me days of trial and error, 1 bottle of aspirins, and 2 no maybe 3 rolls of Rolaids. Not counting the beer it took to forget the day of trial and failure.

Now working and waiting for my phone to ring, so I don't have to answer and let it go to voicemail.
smithwithani is offline   Reply With Quote