Thread: Call Forwarding
View Single Post
Unread 04-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #9
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

What VSP are you using to handle the forward from VoXalot to the third party DID number?

From what I understand,

DIDWW number:
1) Forward from DIDWW to via SIP to JustVoip
2) If no answer within specified time above, forward to VoXalot via SIP
(VoXalot then forwards to a PSTN number using a VSP you choose).

Any chance the VSP you're using for forwarding belongs to the BetaMax family?

Also I suggest you set: Match By: "Any Inbound Number or Provider"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithwithani View Post

There is nothing I can find anywhere on the site that says I have to point my ATA to voxalot. If you follow the steps on the site to go to voice mail you don't have to either. Then just changing the path from voicemail to call connection you still should not have to point your ATA to vox. With it not pointed to vox you can not dial *500 or *600 or whatever.
If you want to be really technical about it, you can have your ATA registered with any provider you wish and still manage to reach *500 and *600 just fine.

It is true as it has been noted above that you can customize the VM greeting in VoXalot to say whatever you want, so you may not have needed to pay for a third party VM service.

All that said, you're correct however that none of the above explains why the the forwarding to PSTN via VoXalot is not working... by all accounts it should be ...

My suspicion is that either you're using a BetaMax provider for the forwarding (they've been known to act up), or the server downtime interfered with the Call Forwarding feature...in which case it should now be working...

In any case, I understand your frustration, but I am sure we can resolve it (if you've got the patience to tinker with a few more settings )

Last edited by emoci; 04-18-2009 at 05:43 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote