Thread: Direct Dial IP
View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by v164
The most flexible solution for me, would be to run Asterisk on an internal computer, have the ATA register with my Asterisk server, and then get the Asterisk server to take care of everything. However, I'm trying to see if there is a solution that would require no additional hardware, so that many other subscribers in my situation can take advantage of ENUM and VoIP peering.
I long to play with Asterisk myself, but don't currently have the time and resources to devote to it. I don't have a clear picture of your needs and what all you're dealing with, but I was able to pull most of my VoIP loose ends together using VoXaLot:

I have two DID's and an FWD number that I point to xxxxxx@voxalot.com.

I have four outbound providers for PSTN termination (one is default, the other three require dialing a prefix of #n to access them). I have StanaPhone set up as a provider so I can call other StanaPhone users. I have FWD set up as a provider to I can direct toll-free calls there.

Now, with one PAP2 registered on VoXaLot and only one phone line which is wired to all the phones in the house, I can make and receive calls to almost anywhere using the lowest cost route.

The only loose ends I have left are Gizmo Project and StanaPhone incoming calls as neither of these allow forwarding to a URI.

I'm not sure this picture will necessarily help with your situation, but like you, I hope it will give other users some food for thought.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote