View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Hi,

I have a Gizmo phone number that has paid incoming/outgoing; however, Gizmo doesn't have a number I can dial in to retrieve my voice mail -> the only way I can acces my voice mail through Gizmo is if I'm sitting in front of my computer.

I got the above Gizmo number only to receive voice mail, it isn't networked to any adapter.

I setup a paid account at Voxalot that receives voice mail and all I want Gizmo/Voxalot to do is the following:

When anybody calls my Gizmo number I want the calls routed to my Voxalot voice mail, and then I would like for an SMS message to be sent to my cell phone letting me know I've received a call. Of course, I will then call my Voxalot email access number and listen to my message.

Is this possible via Gizmo/Voxalot?

Although I've setup both accounts as best I can, I'm not getting voice mails sent to my Voxalot account. Oh, BTW, I'm a fair-to-middling tech person, a small amount of spoon feeding might be necessary.

I thank you for your help.

Well the ideal situation would be:

-You SIP Register Gizmo in VoXalot (see here for a guide Configuring Provider Settings - Voxalot FAQ )
-You activate VoiceMail in VoXalot

The only thing I see as a bit of trouble is that VoXalot will not send SMS as notification, but it can send an EMail

In VoXPremium version you can get your VoiceMail in one of these ways:
-Your VoiceMail is attached to the email (so you can listen to it that way)
-You can log in online and download it from there and listen to it,
-You can call one of the SipBroker access numbers, dial *010*500 when prompted, the VM system will then ask for your MailBox number (this is your 6 digit VoXalot number) and your Pin

Do keep us updated how things go....
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote