View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:37 AM   #51
vk4akp

vk4akp is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vk4akp Send a message via AIM to vk4akp Send a message via MSN to vk4akp Send a message via Yahoo to vk4akp Send a message via Skype™ to vk4akp
Default How about Pay Per Feature?

How about ~Pay Per Feature~ ?

I require 4 accounts, with minimal requirements for each.

1st account I need registration for my incomming DID calls. But no forwarding or any other charged for features.

2nd account if I understand things correctly should be happy as VoXBasic.

3rd account is a number that is permidently forwarded to conference line. So needs no other features.

4th account will be for the mobile. (Not sure onf features needed yet).

How about if it was setup so you pay $2.50 per feature?

I don't know how much programming is involved. But.

Maybe you could have a working ballance paid in by PayPal for example.

And as you need to add features you are simply warned by the VoXaLot web page that the service you are about to activate is a paid service and will debit your working balance by X dollars?

THis way if the payment system is broken down more a person can have an number of accounts and spread their requirements across the system as needed.

THe big strength of VoXaLot as I have found is flexability. The whole service is offering flexability allowing people to be very imaginative in how they apply their VoIP needs.

Unfortunatly part of this flexability comes about by using multiple accounts.

The new billing system tends to lock you into trying to squeese what you want to acheive into one account. This sometimes just isn't possible.

Homes and people are very spread out in their communications needs these days.

Often the one family might have a main family number, a number for the kids, possibly a fax number, at least a couple of mobile phones and sometimes like in my case a dedicated conference line etc.

It's easy to burn up 5 accounts. But it's not easy to justify paying a big chunk for each that might only be using minimal services spread across the lot.

Anyhow thats my experience as a user, and how the new changes to the service have effected me personally.

Hope it is helpful.
.-.-.