Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Caller ID (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=340)

The King 04-16-2007 10:26 AM

Hate to bump, but really wondering if anyone has a solution!

Voipcheap, with their latest firmware, now allow the verification of a non-mobile number. As such I have verified by sipgate.co.uk number.

So now, when I call via the voipcheap client my sipgate number is displayed as caller ID, which is fantastic!

However I tried registering my grandstream device directly to voipcheoa and viz voxalot, but neither times will it show me the caller id I have verified, instead displaying my voipin number for voipcheap, which I don't want it to!

Appreciate this isn't a voipcheap forum, but with so many Betamax users hopefully someone has a solution to this, has got this to work?

I've sent a support email to voipcheap, but doubt they'll respond any time soon!

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 10:52 AM

if voxalot could support the necessary field in the provider settings i would imagine a callplan that for example chooses for us calls the poivy setting with the ipkall incoming number as caller id, for calls to austria the austrian number and so on.

raphoumail 04-17-2007 11:39 AM

It would be very great but I know there are a lot of legal issues...

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 02:23 PM

i dont really see legal issues since voxalot does not provide the caller id functionality and the usual implementation of this "fake" caller id doesnt interfere with the law since the real caller id is also transmitted.

kurun 04-17-2007 02:47 PM

Legal issues with transitting CID

There are termination providers who allow the transmission of a user ID No as declared by the user with no verification.
So I am not sure if there are really legal issues with that.

The King 04-17-2007 03:01 PM

Agree with Kurun, there should be no legal issues.

My number is verified, and as I said, when calling with the voipcheap client my chosen number is displayed.

I don't understand why that same number can not be displayed when calling through an ATA.

244751 04-17-2007 08:54 PM

My callerID works though voxalot. To get it to work I put the verified number in the user field in my voxalot setting. You can access the user field by clicking going into advanced mode for the provider. Don't know if it matters but I use the format 00+country code+number. Hope this helps

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 09:14 PM

have to try it!!!

found the following how to about setting the caller id with betamax and sip devices.:

"by sending the CALLERID(number) [on Asterisk] the wanted number oder more registered numbers be send. the field CALLERID(name) has to have an random value. if the field CALLERID(name) is not set the number will be suppressed (CLIR)"

hope its understandable, i had it to translate it from german.

for example on sipura 2000 hardware the configuration is as follows:

"Use AuthID" set to "yes"
Auth ID: Username
User ID: caller id number

a lot of people is reporting only formating 0043XXXXX not +43XXXXX is working as caller id.

The King 04-18-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 7924)
My callerID works though voxalot. To get it to work I put the verified number in the user field in my voxalot setting. You can access the user field by clicking going into advanced mode for the provider. Don't know if it matters but I use the format 00+country code+number. Hope this helps

Thanks soooo much for this!!

It now works!

In summary for others, in the provider details, click advanced, and enter the full number, as said by the user above, the full verified number, and I also used 00+country code+number.

Job done!

haifischjunge 04-18-2007 05:55 AM

hmm very funny, my cellphones (in austria) are showing an anonymous caller no matter what.