Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voicemail Problem (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=143)

xisdn 05-05-2006 06:15 PM

Voicemail Problem

Hello,

I've got back home and I found my voicemail don't working anymore:

if I leave myself a message I don't receive the email with it and the VMWI don't light up. If I try checking the VM dialing 500 i find the message correctly.

I've tried changing email address and leaving another msg but i still did not get the message via email.

Any idea?

wmp 05-05-2006 07:11 PM

I'm having the opposite problem. I have deleted all my voice mails but still receive the message waiting stutter (and light on the phone).

martin 05-05-2006 09:51 PM

Hi,

Looks like we needed to update a missed configuration file that was part of the server move.

Are you both able to re-try?

wmp 05-06-2006 04:56 AM

Re-try? I accessed voice mail again and the system said I had no messages but still have the VM stutter.

martin 05-06-2006 05:44 AM

Sorry I should have made myself a bit clearer. What I meant be re-try is adding a voicemail message and then deleting it.

ataboy 05-06-2006 08:35 AM

Hi,

As I've just indicated in another thread I seem to be having exactly the same problem as wmp (except that I don't have a phone with a message waiting light).

ataboy

dennisd345 05-06-2006 07:30 PM

No access to Voice Mail

Hello,

I have had access to my voice mail after dialing 500 and now it does not connect. I have changed nothing? Is there a problem with the server? Also my message waiting light never goes off now, it is constantly blinking ????

Thanks

Dennis

Ron 05-06-2006 08:59 PM

I'm not having any problems accessing voicemail by dialing 500.

I can't speak to whether VMWI is working correctly as I'm currently using Asterisk to connect to my VoXaLot account.

Ron

martin 05-06-2006 10:23 PM

Hi all,

As mentioned in another thread the VoXaLot server is now at a new IP address.

All IP address updates are now complete on the server side. Could you please add or delete a new voicemail message and confirm that things are again working.

Thanks

Ron 05-06-2006 10:59 PM

Martin,

I can leave voicemail and then retrieve it by dialing 500, but I'm no longer receiving a copy via email as I was up until a day or two ago.

Ron

martin 05-07-2006 02:40 AM

Hi Ron,

How about now?

wildbill 05-07-2006 02:52 AM

Martin just sent myself a couple of messages and got notification via email - Bill

Ron 05-07-2006 03:19 AM

I'm receiving the voicemails via email now, Martin.

Thanks,

Ron

wmp 05-07-2006 05:13 AM

Just had a chance to leave myself a voice mail then delete it. It works, no more VMWI when there are no messages. Thank you!

martin 05-07-2006 07:50 AM

Ok thanks guys

dennisd345 05-07-2006 07:05 PM

Trying to connect to VM ?

Hi,

My Sipura 3K is registered to my voxalot number. I dial 500 to get to the Voice Mail Box without success? It was working, I was receiving emails....also the message light keeps coming on after I clear it ????

Thanks, Dennis

dennisd345 05-15-2006 08:41 PM

How to recover lost password for VM

The title says it all...how do I get a forgotten password please?

martin 05-16-2006 01:21 AM

You can PM me your 6 digit account and we will reset it.

casch 11-27-2006 01:12 PM

Voicemail Indicator and re-register

Hi,

There seems to be a minor problem with the VMI, Voice Message Indicator?

First:
When my phone is de-ristered (I am in my office) and s.o. spoke to my VM-Box, the indicator of my phone is not set to 'yes' (messages are waiting) when it re-registeres again and in contrary to the case below it is never set during the time beiing registerd.

Second:
If the phone is 'online' or registered, and s.o. calls and is connected to my VM (after about 4 rings - ok!) I immediately get this vm-email, but VMI of my phone is set to 'yes' only several minutes later: once a bit more than the 180 sec (3min) of 'Register Expires', once not set even after 15 min.

What Value has to be set, so that I get this VMI 'yes', first when registering, second after what delay when online?

This is my actual setup for the SPA941:
Register Expires: 180 sec
NAT Mapping Enable: no
NAT Keep Alive Enable: yes
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 15 sec
NAT Keep Alive Msg:$NOTIFY
NAT Keep Alive Dest:$PROXY

Thanks in advance,
Carl

snvv 11-15-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmp (Post 891)
I'm having the opposite problem. I have deleted all my voice mails but still receive the message waiting stutter (and light on the phone).

Hello,
I have the exact same problem.
I deleted a message but actually it was not deleted.
I created a new voice message and I deleted it but nothing happens I still receive the message waiting stutter (the light on the phone sometimes is on and some times off).
I tested the voicemail of a local company and it works.
Is it possible to reset my voicemail box please?
Thank you
snvv

EDIT
Eventually, i discovered the problem was caused by my SPA3102. Using a PAP2 I don't have the message waiting stutter. In SPA if I set Message Waiting:NO then the problem is solved but then I have no indication if a have received a message. I will reset the unit and see what happens.

emoci 11-17-2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snvv (Post 33358)
EDIT
Eventually, i discovered the problem was caused by my SPA3102. Using a PAP2 I don't have the message waiting stutter. In SPA if I set Message Waiting:NO then the problem is solved but then I have no indication if a have received a message. I will reset the unit and see what happens.

As far as I've noticed...the next time a new message comes in, the Message Waiting setting will go back to yes on its own.

One issue I find is that when you delete the messages directly, the MWI (message waiting indicator) doesn't reset. One run-around that works for me:

-Listen to new message
-If you want to erase, actually save message (9) to folder (1) old messages.
-Hang up.
-At this point your MWI will reset (within a few minutes).
-You can at a later time erase all messages in the "Old Messages" folder.

larryc 12-03-2010 05:30 PM

Also having a voicemail problem over the past month.
Messages come in, but I don't get any email notification.

Edit 12/8/10 Happened again today. This is beginning to be a large problem.

larryc 12-10-2010 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryc (Post 33489)
Also having a voicemail problem over the past month.
Messages come in, but I don't get any email notification.

Edit 12/8/10 Happened again today. This is beginning to be a large problem.

No one else having this problem?

larryc 12-21-2010 04:38 PM

12/21/10 Still happening - got a voicemail but no email. This is a major problem for me.
Is there any way to formally report a problem to voxalot, or is this forum it?

kurun 12-30-2010 04:43 PM

I personally have not seen any problems with Voicemail to email messages.
I am assuming that you have checked the usual things:
1) valid email address registered and verified in Voxalot
2) that the message is not going to your spam folder
3) that you do not have some kind of spam filtering service that is deleting your spam messages.