Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Provider Feedback (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=70)

ataboy 05-01-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filmnet (Post 6729)
Just to point out that possibly about a week or so ago, Voiptalk no longer seems to work with Voxalot (unless anyone knows anything different). It now shows "registration failed".

It seems to be quite a puzzle. Voiptalk is "Registered" for me in VoXaLot, but I can't make outgoing calls. However I can't dial out through Voiptalk using my ATA either. I saw some discussion about this a week ago but nobody has reported an ongoing problem. Has anyone else had any experiences (good or bad) with them lately?

ataboy

ataboy 05-01-2007 08:13 PM

Update to my own post: Voiptalk is now working outbound through my ATA but still not via VoXaLot. Inbound is OK.

ataboy

244751 05-02-2007 03:37 AM

Hi Ataboy,

I use Voiptalk regularly and I have no issues. Are you still unable to make outgoing calls?

ataboy 05-02-2007 08:17 AM

Hi 244751,

No, all I get is a fast busy tone. (I tested it again just before I wrote this). The VoXaLot dialplan test field shows that it should work OK.

ataboy

244751 05-03-2007 03:46 AM

Do you mind posting your settings

ataboy 05-03-2007 11:02 AM

Yes of course. Under "Provider Details" I have

Description: Voiptalk
Username: (myusername)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: voiptalk.org
SIP Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes

and in "Advanced Mode" it reads

Description: Voiptalk
From User: (myusername)
From Domain: voiptalk.org
Username: (myusername)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: voiptalk.org
SIP Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes

I think these are standard settings, the same as I have for my other VSPs. Do you have anything different?

ataboy

sghazagh 05-04-2007 01:50 AM

I try with TPG (TPG.Com.Au) in Australia.
Whent he privider registered in Voxalot it's working fine.but sometimes the provider registration need time to update and I don't know why it needs to be update frequently.At that time the income calls doesn't work.

Any idea about that?
how is the processing of registering provider in Voxalot and why it needs to reregister the provider when it allready registered?

Thanks

martin 05-04-2007 02:27 AM

The SIP protocol requires re-registration on a periodic basis. Voxalot re-registers with providers every 3600 secs (unless the provider forces a lesser time).

More often than not the registration is lost as a result of a NAT keep alive issue between your device and the server.

191727 06-29-2007 03:10 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for all responses and valuable information. Thanks to Voxalot for arranging such a wonderful communicatin portal.

I am using different providers for different calls. But when using PennyTel to make calls to Bangladesh the sound is pretty poor. Does it matter from where I am using this service? I am living in Sweden and using PennyTel through Voxalot WebCallBack to make calls to Bangladesh. Calls to other destinatins give good sound. Any suggestion or idea are welcome.

ataboy 06-29-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 8485)
Hi Ataboy,

I use Voiptalk regularly and I have no issues. Are you still unable to make outgoing calls?

I tested it today and it now appears to be working well both ways. I haven't changed anything at my end; I'm pleased it's working anyway.

ataboy