Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Outbound call using Voipstunt not working (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1195)

The King 04-03-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 7442)
Sorry, my limited English do not allow me to understand the sentence.
once + are (present) = Now ?
Or not? Maybe do you mean: soon?

Thanks for your patience.

Pranzo, this means that they are working on the issue, and soon we will have a solution.

Martin, I know it's difficult to say how long Betamax will take, but how long will the requisite changes take on the voxalot end?

martin 04-03-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 7443)
Martin, I know it's difficult to say how long Betamax will take, but how long will the requisite changes take on the voxalot end?

We will have the changes on our side completed today. ;)

martin 04-03-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 7438)
Can we get a hint on what it was that caused the problem and details on the actual agreed changes?

Once the final solution is in place we let you know the resolution.

Mew 04-04-2007 08:54 AM

Martin, are the changes completed ?

We just have to wait an answer from Betamax now ? I hope they won't take a too long time...

martin 04-04-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 7456)
Martin, are the changes completed ?

We just have to wait an answer from Betamax now ? I hope they won't take a too long time...

Hello Mew,

Yes the changes on our side are in place on all our servers (really minor changes were required).

The betamax side is a bit more complex and we have been informed that it will be sometime next week before they are complete.

We will keep you informed.

Mew 04-04-2007 11:44 AM

Thank you Martin !

amgra 04-04-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7437)
Today Betamax and Voxalot agreed on mutual changes to our respective systems in order to lift the current ban on our IP addresses.

Thank you Voxalot and Martin for your concern on this matter that affect all of us. Great work.

With the blocking issue, I bet Betamax saw a BIG calling flow change on their systems and realized they were loosing more than they were "winning" blocking us ;) (voxalot users). Better for them to let us alone.

unico2003 04-04-2007 01:59 PM

Thank you Martin !

Mew 04-04-2007 04:24 PM

But I don't know if you already can say it's won.

We have to wait a little...

wnpaul 04-05-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 7284)
My 2cents: :D

Betamax sent me an email stating that if i do not buy minimum 200€ of credit within the next 15 days my voicetrading account will be cut off.:eek: I think those guys need money :D That is a logical situation as their marketing strategy was to draft people with free calls.
I saw posts here saying that even the freecalls last less than 10minutes for some betamax clones, plus the fact that they blocked voxalot...

But VOICETRADING is not a clone of the other Betamax services. The web site has always explicitly stated that it requires an initial deposit and minimum monthly usage of EUR 200. Nor are there free destinations and/or free days.

So I am not at all surprised that they want you to pay what they initially said you would have to pay, and it has nothing to do with the other services.

rossmurray 04-08-2007 11:23 AM

I'm a PAYING customer of VoipDiscount. I signed up to take advantage of longer call lengths without the hassle of redialling and attempting to avoid the situation that just happened here. :confused: :mad:

I admire Voxalot for working through this issue and hopefully getting the result we require.. a service that works! I hadn't used my VOIP for weeks due to the problems and couldn't work out why some of my dial plans were blocked. This issue has cost me money in the end! I only discovered this thread today and I've changed my modem to the eu.voxalot.com and calls have gone through. Don't worry I'll post back if they are suddenly blocked again! ;)

I'm so glad that Betamax and Voxalot bothered communicating with each other as it means I am more likely to stick with both. :D

Also a big THANKYOU to the other users for sharing their issues with both companies. It seems to have made a difference!

Mew 04-08-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossmurray (Post 7548)
I only discovered this thread today and I've changed my modem to the eu.voxalot.com and calls have gone through. Don't worry I'll post back if they are suddenly blocked again! ;)

Do you mean Betamax is not blocking Voxalot anymore and I can use VoipCheap again in order to call ? If yes, I will add VoipCheap again to my list of providers in Voxalot !

Thanks

Mew 04-08-2007 01:28 PM

VoipCheap is not working for me...

martin 04-08-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mew (Post 7555)
VoipCheap is not working for me...

Probably better to wait until we get the official word from Betamax. They informed us that the change would go in this week sometime.

We will announce it here.

JeFFJuH 04-11-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7556)
Probably better to wait until we get the official word from Betamax. They informed us that the change would go in this week sometime.

We will announce it here.

We'll see what will happen next :) Can't wait until they fix it again. I haven't been using VoXaLot for weeks now, because VoipBuster is my main VoIP provider, and I am pretty satisfied with them.

Mew 04-11-2007 09:44 AM

Same thing for me...

I have a SPA1001 with Wengo on the first line - impossible to receive calls if it's through Voxalot (cf the other topic) and currently VoipCheap on the second line (the cheapest provider I have seen for calls to french mobiles).

But on Voxalot I also have other providers which cannot be used like before. Hopefully with the call forwarding or web call back I can continue using them...

martin 04-11-2007 12:30 PM

Update from betamax:

Quote:

At this moment 50% of our servers are updated with this solution. The plan is that we have updated all servers by end of this week.

Mew 04-11-2007 02:00 PM

My account on VoipCheap is currently not working but I'm sure it's just a question of time.

Thank you Martin !

acierinox 04-11-2007 03:54 PM

:)

I just switched from us.voxalot.com to eu.voxalot.com and was able to make a call via Voipcheap

Thanks to Betamax and Martin for sorting this out

Mew 04-11-2007 04:15 PM

Oh ok thanks acierinox I will try again !

Mew 04-11-2007 04:19 PM

It works for me now !

THANK YOU MARTIN !!!!!!!

JeFFJuH 04-11-2007 09:06 PM

It's working partly for me. I am able to make a call myself, but not to receive a call. A get a quick busytone then.

But Betamax is still working on it, so we'll just wait..

cashnet 04-11-2007 09:55 PM

Voipstunt on Voxalot!

Voipstunt on Voxalot works for me too!

Thank you very much Martin

cashnet from Italy

trottm 04-12-2007 08:23 AM

A quick test now works again on eu.voxalot. Sad that Betamax took the action they did but well done Voxalot on doing something about it. Makes PBXes look poor by comparison as they never resolved the issue to my knowledge.

tomblandford 04-12-2007 08:50 AM

PBXes shouldn't even be compared to Voxalot! No contest! ;)

Thanks Martin (and Betamax) for all your efforts getting this one sorted for us.

shezad 04-12-2007 08:50 AM

Hi

Its working fine with voipbuster also, but i have a question.

Everytime i dial out it takes like 10 seconds to place the call after im finished dialing the number. But when i dial the number i want to call and press the # button the call is dialed in 2 seconds. I tried to put the # in the dial plan but then i could not make the call at all :(

Anyone know how to solve it ? Im using a linksys wireless router with voip. But i got a linksys Spa1001 adapter also and it is the same there.

Mew 04-12-2007 10:50 AM

You can add "S0" (big S zero) in you dial plan instead of # and it will be like pressing on # at the end ;-)

martin 04-12-2007 12:27 PM

Official - Blocking Removed

Hi members,

Just got the official word from Betamax that all blocking has been removed from our IP addresses.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the folks at Betamax especially their engineer Jeroen for working with us given the time differences etc.

We would also like to thank our members for their patience.

amgra 04-12-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shezad (Post 7639)
Everytime i dial out it takes like 10 seconds to place the call after im finished dialing the number. But when i dial the number i want to call and press the # button the call is dialed in 2 seconds.

This is an easy one, your device waits N seconds before to place the call in case you are a normal/slow digit presser :), and pressing the # key is like pressing the green SEND button on your cell phone, saying to the device: "I am done, dial the number now". But what you can do es two things occur to me:
1) As above suggested, make your dial plan that every time you already pressed 10 digits (just for example) put at the end S0 (big S and a zero) to send automatically/immediately the digits.

2) change your device that it does not wait 6 seconds (just an example, it depends on your current config) to dial out, change it to 2 or 3 so every time you already pressed your number, 3 seconds afeter, the device will decide you are done and then dial the whole number.

amroe 04-12-2007 02:02 PM

Thanks Voxalot and Betamax ,, but what about JustVoip its still doesnt work , can you help us martin to contact betamax to allow sip calls through JustVoip .

JeFFJuH 04-12-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amroe (Post 7670)
Thanks Voxalot and Betamax ,, but what about JustVoip its still doesnt work , can you help us martin to contact betamax to allow sip calls through JustVoip .

JustVoip doesn't support SIP, it's not a problem at VoXaLot, it's just a limitation of the JustVoip product.

amroe 04-12-2007 04:00 PM

i know my friend but i hope that martin call them to make it work :)

Mew 04-12-2007 04:15 PM

They have good rates, for instance 0.07€/min to french cellphones, cheaper than what I currently have with VoipCheap 0.08€/min, but as you said, they don't support SIP...

I don't believe Martin can do anything for this. :D

wilsonhlacerda 04-12-2007 04:53 PM

I'd love to have JustVoip SIP compatible because Brazil is free in it and it is not common to have Brazil in free lists anywhere. (And yes: I use worldwide VoIP providers to call local landlines because this is much cheaper than local PSTN rates down here.)

Right now I'm using VoipBusterPro to call landlines, which is also from Betamax, is SIP compatible and has very good rates to Brazil and lots of other countries. I suggest all of you to take a look at.

Just mentioning, for mobiles I use Vyke, which also is SIP compatible and have very good mobile rates and quality.

martin 04-13-2007 12:53 AM

We are now closing this thread. Please use this new thread:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup....html#post7687