Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Outbound call using Voipstunt not working (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1195)

casch 03-16-2007 10:55 AM

can't do anything?

Well martin,

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6739)

... as there is unfortunately very little we can do.

A PC that is masquerading other PCs of a local net just 'fakes' the original or local ip-address by its own 'out-looking' ip-address.
So what if your server does this but the otherway round? It has to replace its own server-ip by the ip-address of the/your client?
My knowledge it too smal to determine wether this is possible or not and - if possible - how it can be achieved.
Maybe others can tell us more?

Carl

Tony 03-16-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6781)
Just so you know, we have also made contact on the phone. The secretary informed us that someone from the group will call us back.

We will keep you posted.

Just to give you all an update. I have not heard any thing from Betamax. I left both my phone number and email. We will try calling again next week.

Tony.

andy 03-16-2007 11:40 AM

Are you also in Australia Tony?

I think the time difference conspires to mean that the office hours will not overlap, so I hope they don't spoil your night by calling you at 2am there

Have a nice evening, what's left of it ... ;)

The King 03-16-2007 11:50 AM

Ok,

I'd like to know what other people are experiencing?
I noted someone else state that they couldn't access using the US server or EU server?

My situation;
I had x-lite configured to use US server, I've had no problems dialing using x-lite.

I had a grandstream ATA using EU server, and on March 14 this stopped working.

Yesterday (March 15) I switched my grandstream to the US server, and it works fine now.

So, maybe the idea is to keep switching between the three servers (US, EU, AU) until this is resolved??

tomblandford 03-16-2007 11:59 AM

I don't think switching servers helps. Betamax just haven't got round to banning the us voxalot server yet. That's why it still works but eu and au don't. Give them time and they'll find out about that one too.

The problem I find with the us server is that I get a long latency, so I don't use it. The echo test (*600) is much worse.

The King 03-16-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6800)
I don't think switching servers helps. Betamax just haven't got round to banning the us voxalot server yet. That's why it still works but eu and au don't. Give them time and they'll find out about that one too.

The problem I find with the us server is that I get a long latency, so I don't use it. The echo test (*600) is much worse.

See this is strange, as other users report the US server not working, and AU working;

Quote:

Originally Posted by miranda_cba (Post 6741)
same here, us.voxalot.com and eu.voxalot.com don´t work (with grandstream). Only au.voxalot.com is working but i guess it´ll be banned soon. Only one thing: when i register to voxalot(us or eu) with xlite it DOES work. Any idea?

ctylor 03-16-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6800)

Latency in calls to the echo test (*600) of the different servers is unrelated to the latency you would get when using a third-party provider, where the RTP stream of voice data is point to point. In other words, the extra lag between the EU and the US servers doesn't affect the lag when using Voxalot, since the Voxalot servers just set up calls but don't stick around after the call is setup.

tomblandford 03-16-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor (Post 6803)
Latency in calls to the echo test (*600) of the different servers is unrelated to the latency you would get when using a third-party provider, where the RTP stream of voice data is point to point. In other words, the extra lag between the EU and the US servers doesn't affect the lag when using Voxalot, since the Voxalot servers just set up calls but don't stick around after the call is setup.

I definitely got more echo in my calls with the US server earlier in the year, but maybe there were other factors at play. I should try again on the AU to be sure. I tested my account with symm NAT handling disabled and it worked, so like you say there should be no difference between servers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 6802)
See this is strange, as other users report the US server not working, and AU working;

Sorry I meant AU is the one working :o

ataboy 03-16-2007 03:17 PM

It's certainly annoying that Betamax has taken this action, but in a way it highlights the strength of VoIP - if you have a problem with one provider, route around it by using another.

I'm lucky I suppose in that I use an SPA-3102. This lets me dial directly over VoipDiscount if I want to, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I got rid of that particular provider altogether.

It isn't all about call rates; far more important to me is the flexibility that I get from VoXaLot. Incoming calls from multiple VSPs to one handset, programmable call forwarding, mobile and web callback, geographic number lookups - they are all very useful. Some I use much more than others, some not at all - but I might one day.

Let's all hope that the Betamax situation gets resolved, but even if it isn't it's not such a big deal as to cause me to stop using VoXaLot.

ataboy

The King 03-16-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6806)

Sorry I meant AU is the one working :o

Yeah, but for me US is working, which is strange that it works for me but not others.

Anyone know any other Voip provider (not a Betamax co of course) that offers free calls to the UK?

tomblandford 03-16-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 6808)
Anyone know any other Voip provider (not a Betamax co of course) that offers free calls to the UK?

Not that I've ever found. www.voip.co.uk do a residential tariff that gives you free off-peak calls for £2 per month. Probably one of the best deals around but that's just for UK landlines. They are very flexible and have great customer service. But, if you have friends abroad you'll be wanting Betamax for sure.

The King 03-16-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6809)
Not that I've ever found. www.voip.co.uk do a residential tariff that gives you free off-peak calls for £2 per month. Probably one of the best deals around but that's just for UK landlines. They are very flexible and have great customer service. If you have friends abroad you'll be wanting Betamax for sure.

Thanks, makes this problem even more of a pain!

icehawk 03-17-2007 12:08 AM

I'am using voxalot for a while, with perfect quality. But 3 days ago now I can only recieve calls. Making a outbound call I hear a busy tone. Is it true that Betamax blocks voxalot? If not, I wonder I can't make any calls anymore:confused:

I've deleted my dailplan, and registered my sip accounts at my ATA SPA 2102, directly. But I really want let it handle though voxalot, because I can use 2 lines simultaneously with 2 sip accounts.

Is there a administrator that can take a look at my account?

------------------------------>
Inbound calls: budgetphone.nl
outbound calls: voipbuster.com (only landlines)
outbound calls: justvoip.com (only mobile numbers in Netherlands)
------------------------------>

Daniel001 03-17-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 6802)

Indeed, sitting in the Netherlands I cannot get Voxalot to work with VoiceBusterPro on the eu.voxalot.com but it does work on us.voxalot.com

gs1234 03-17-2007 10:22 AM

Have the same problem since about 2 days and I am not the only one, so it is clear that betamax blocked the service.

JeFFJuH 03-17-2007 10:36 AM

I got it working on both the US and AU cluster, but not on the EU cluster: I get a busy signal on that one.

gs1234 03-17-2007 10:37 AM

The US server is still working with voipbuster, buth for how long?

JUAN LEMOINE 03-17-2007 03:01 PM

Pitty Betamax has blocked voxalot. I really liked voxalot. With Betamaxs customer Service which is zero i dont think voxalot would be able to re-stablish the service.
I have posted also in the voipbuster forums in support of voxalot. Lets pray they listen

ctylor 03-17-2007 06:18 PM

It sounds like they have already for a long time intentionally banned pbxes.org from registering with them. Unfortunately, with that kind of policy, it was only a matter of time before they would ban Voxalot as well. Its unfortunate from our perspective but it is their company (or 'companies' I should say) and their call.

twen 03-18-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The King (Post 6799)
I'd like to know what other people are experiencing?
I noted someone else state that they couldn't access using the US server or EU server?

For my part, on saturday 17th, the eu.voxalot.com had no luck with sipdiscount.com. However, switching to the us server, I made calls !

isolve 03-19-2007 01:29 AM

I changed the proxy to:-
connectionserver.voipstunt.com

It works.

tomblandford 03-19-2007 09:31 AM

connectionserver.voipdiscount.com does not fit in the host box on voxalot providers tab! Martin, we need more available characters!

martin 03-19-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6891)
connectionserver.voipdiscount.com does not fit in the host box on voxalot providers tab! Martin, we need more available characters!

Hi Tom,

Not a trivial change im afraid. I have however made a note of this request in our tracking system.

andy 03-19-2007 11:06 AM

I've tried that change for Voipcheap, but it's still not working for mobile callback. The VC software client then says the account is logged on at another place though, so it isn't totally rejected, just not making the call.

I also had all Voxalot servers not working for the mobile callback, when people were saying some were still ok.

Is there some kind of format or protocol difference between Voxalot ordinary and mobile callback that the Betamax server is not coping with?

I made about 6 or 8 roaming calls in the week up to Thursday a week and a half ago, without problem, but since the Friday nothing.

affinity 03-19-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6894)
Hi Tom,

Not a trivial change im afraid. I have however made a note of this request in our tracking system.

How about the users putting in an IP address instead of the FQDN ? Would that work here?

martin 03-19-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 6907)
How about the users putting in an IP address instead of the FQDN ? Would that work here?

Yes VoXaLot does allow IP addresses.

tomblandford 03-19-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isolve (Post 6879)
I changed the proxy to:-
connectionserver.voipstunt.com

It works.

That connectionserver name is not working for me on JustVoip or VoipCheap. I notice that the connectionserver IP is generally one number higher than the sip one. For VoipDiscount 194.221.62.206 and 194.221.62.207. I wonder what happens if I try 208...

eliafino 03-19-2007 03:26 PM

These are IP of Betamax servers,
Elia

and these:

Lanh 03-19-2007 04:03 PM

Should changing it to the IP work immediately?

I'm using VoipBusterPro (until voicestick is compatible) with the IP 194.120.0.202 as the host, try to dial my landline I'm still getting the engaged tone. (EU Cluster)

tomblandford 03-19-2007 04:11 PM

Thanks Elia,

I think they are all blocking Voxalot though. I tried 4 out of 6.

Tom

tomblandford 03-19-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl. (Post 6918)
Should changing it to the IP work immediately?

No, it takes at least 10 minutes to update. Better to leave it for just over 2 hours to be totally sure.

Lanh 03-19-2007 04:17 PM

Cheers Tom, I'll try it again later then! Would be brilliant to have that service back online through the ATA.

tomblandford 03-19-2007 04:27 PM

It would! But Betamax is not working for me with those new IP addresses either. Time to give up...

Lanh 03-19-2007 05:03 PM

Have ya done the 2hrs? It's not working here either after about an hour.

Might have to switch ti the US server at this rate and hope that Betamax are shoddy about shutting that one off.

JUAN LEMOINE 03-19-2007 05:45 PM

At the end of the day we need Betamax apporval, no matter which IP we use. More than 5,000 minutes per month and the system will banned a user and send them to voicetrading.com

foneboxx 03-19-2007 05:56 PM

hi,
Is that a supposition or is it really a fact?
Thanx for ur response.
edit: Just tried with my asterisk...Works great for all my betamax accounts and believe me, it is more than 5000 minutes a month...So i really do not understand what's goin'on for you guys...or maybe this is only a voxalot blacklist...?!?!

JUAN LEMOINE 03-19-2007 06:15 PM

all free Pbxes and pbxes lookalike are being banned

https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11289

Looks like they are banned when they reach a certain level of traffic. could be abuse by 1 user, or could be just a lot of traffic. We dont know. I am not sure if the voipbuster moderators know

In the pbxes.com case check

http://www2.pbxes.com/forum/thread.p...e54cac122c23ca

Solution: Voxalox can create a PAID service where each user has an IP address.

I will certainly pay

The King 03-19-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUAN LEMOINE (Post 6928)
all free Pbxes and pbxes lookalike are being banned

https://www.voipbuster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11289

Looks like they are banned when they reach a certain level of traffic. could be abuse by 1 user, or could be just a lot of traffic. We dont know. I am not sure if the voipbuster moderators know

In the pbxes.com case check

http://www2.pbxes.com/forum/thread.p...e54cac122c23ca

Solution: Voxalox can create a PAID service where each user has an IP address.

I will certainly pay

Hi mate, do you mind copying over the comments from the moderators on the voipbuster forum?
I am with voipcheap, but they don't have a forum, and to log into voipbuster I need a voipbuster account.

tomblandford 03-19-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfried on the Voipbuster Forum

Hi

They are working on those issues !!!

That sounds hopeful

foneboxx 03-20-2007 07:08 AM

Don't trust Betamax...i'm telling you. The problem is that sometimes Wilfried is not very well informed of what's going on.
Let's wait and see.
As i told before, i have no problem with my trixbox here...