Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Web Callback with VOIP Buster (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=52)

gwizz 03-30-2006 12:13 PM

Web Callback with VOIP Buster

Hi,

I've been trying to get Web Callback working with VOIP Buster but not much success.

I added the provider:
Description: VoipBuster
Username: username
Password: password
Codecs: ulaw;alaw;g729
Host: sip1.voipbuster.com
Port: 5060

And attempted a web callback:
Your Number: 00country code+my number
via: VoipBuster
Number To Dial: *393613
via: SIP Broker

Anyone had any luck with this?

You may be interested to know VOIP Buster, Voip Discount, Internet Calls, VoIPcheap, VoIPstunt, etc. are all the same company.

martin 03-30-2006 01:25 PM

Have not tried that particular provider. If they work on a GW slot of an ATA then they should work in VoXaLot.

Hopefully someone else that has tried them can help out.

blackbile 03-31-2006 05:40 AM

gwizz!

I tried my sparvoip account (which is the same company) and my phone has rang, I picked up and has rang the called number which was picked up too, but we could not hear anything ...

Ron 03-31-2006 06:52 AM

gwizz,

I had VoIPBuster (outbound only) until they took away my unused credit yesterday. The end-to-end delay with it was so horrendous I won't be giving them any more.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're expecting, but....

If you have a DID with VoiPBuster, it will not ring directly into VoXaLot even though you have set up a VoXaLot Provider entry for VoIPBuster . If it can be forwarded via SIP URI, you can point it to VoXaLot and you will receive those incoming calls on your VoXaLot phone.

From the VoXaLot Web Callback perspective, there are only outgoing calls. VoXaLot uses the "Your Number" provider to make the first outgoing call. Once it's completed, VoXaLot uses the "Number to Dial" provider to make the second call. It then bridges the two calls together (at least conceptually).

Ron

blackbile 03-31-2006 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anominous
gwizz,

It then bridges the two calls together (at least conceptually).

Ron

yes but unfortunatelly after the bridge is built I cant hear the other side...

Ron 03-31-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbile
I tried my sparvoip account (which is the same company) and my phone has rang, I picked up and has rang the called number which was picked up too, but we could not hear anything ...

I've had a lot of experience with this situation over the past week or so. The problem is almost certainly with your router (its firmware, to be more exact). I found that DD-WRT v23 firmware works almost perfectly without any port forwarding. HyperWrt (+tofu13c) firmware without port forwarding exhibits the symptoms you describe. I had to forward both SIP and RTP port ranges to make Web Callback work (with sound) using HyperWRT firmware.

I also have to use a STUN server with my PAP2 with either firmware and must set 'Substitute VIA Addr' to Yes.

I've also experimented with D-Link (DI-524/DI-604) and Belkin (F5D7230-4) routers and come to the conclusion there is no reasonable way to make these work properly with all VoIP capabilities.

The Network Address Translation (NAT) used in most current home routers is just not VoIP friendly. Even the simplest configuration of a single provider with no expectation other than to be able to make and receive a call can be very problematic. If you also want to have multiple providers and things like 3-way calling, call forwarding, Web Call, etc. to work, you may find there's a fair amount of learning and experimentation required in order to be successful.

Ron

blackbile 03-31-2006 07:38 AM

you are wrong,

I dont use router, I try the Webcallback service which doesnt need any hardware device I think, isnt it?

gwizz 03-31-2006 07:47 AM

All I want to do is OUTGOING to the free countries listed for this provider.

I put in the details and get
"Your call has been initiated."

and no phones ring... ARG! :)

It would be nice if the system would give me some more information on the connection process. i.e. where it is going wrong.

blackbile 03-31-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwizz
All I want to do is OUTGOING to the free countries listed for this provider.

I put in the details and get
"Your call has been initiated."

and no phones ring... ARG! :)

It would be nice if the system would give me some more information on the connection process. i.e. where it is going wrong.

for me it was ringing...

I tried sip.sparvoip.de see here http://tf1999.uw.hu/

martin 03-31-2006 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwizz

We agree, however we decided to release a functional system for the trial. Over time we will add features such as those you suggest.

If you use Web Callback via 2 providers i.e. PSTN<-->PSTN there is no VoIP devices in the picture.

However you might want to check whether the numbers you are calling are in an ENUM registry because the Web Callback checks ENUM for a free call route before using the asociated provider.

Ron 03-31-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

I dont use router, I try the Webcallback service which doesnt need any hardware device I think, isnt it?

If you're not using a VoIP client (hardware or software) on your end, I'm assuming you signed up with a VoIP provider, plugged your credentials into VoXaLot and tried Web Callback. Unfortunately, if it doesn't work properly, there is no way to determine if VoXaLot is having problems, your VoIP provider is having problems, the Internet connecting one or both of the Web Callback endpoints is having problems, or what. It's all blind faith in this scenario. If you haven't verified that you can make and receive calls through your VoIP provider using your own VoIP client (hardware or software), that would probably be a good place to start.

Ron

blackbile 03-31-2006 09:00 AM

Of course I have been using my voip accounts so they are working with ATA devices anyway...

Ron 03-31-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Of course I have been using my voip accounts so they are working with ATA devices anyway...

Then I guess I'm very confused about your configuration and how you're trying to utilize it with Web Callback. You first said I was wrong about the possibility of a router issue because you wen't using one ("I dont use router, I try the Web Callback service which doesnt need any hardware device I think, isnt it?"). When you implied you weren't using any hardware device, I assumed you weren't using any ATA devices (ATA's usually don't have their own dedicated Internet connection but instead share the one you use with your PC through a router). I think you need to describe very clearly what resources you actually have and how you're trying to use them with Web Callback.

Keep in mind that Web Callback simply initiates and bridges calls between two VoIP providers that you specify. Except for VoXaLot, FWD, SIP Broker, and ENUM destinations, you must specify a VoXaLot Provider entry that you have created which contains valid SIP credentials.

Ron

blackbile 03-31-2006 09:48 AM

at home I use ATA

at work (now) I wanted to try web callback by just voxalot website

Please see http://tf1999.uw.hu

Ron 03-31-2006 10:36 AM

blackbile,

Could you also describe what you are using in the Web Callback form, what you expect to happen when it is executed, and what actually happens?

Ron

blackbile 03-31-2006 10:52 AM

Your number: 003616543153

Number To Dial: 0036205366796 (mobile) or 003626543150

the first number is ringing I pick up and then the dialed number ringing too, if my friend pick up the dialed number then we cant hear each other.

martin 03-31-2006 11:19 AM

Are you using the same provider for both legs?

Some providers we have tested don't like simultaneous calls. Just a thought.

blackbile 03-31-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Are you using the same provider for both legs?

Some providers we have tested don't like simultaneous calls. Just a thought.

No, I have account at SpaVoip and Sipdiscount too.

Ron 03-31-2006 11:33 AM

blackbile,

If you were using your provider(s) on the Web Callback form and both numbers are PSTN (or mobile) and neither number is listed with ENUM, then it would appear to me that the problem has to be between VoXaLot and your provider(s), assuming that calls to these numbers work properly when you make them using the same providers via your own ATA's.

Unless I'm missing something, it appears you're doing everything correctly.

Martin, what do make of this?

Ron

An unrelated observation: Shouldn't the prefix on your Dial Plans be '0036' instead of '36'? This isn't affecting your Web Callback issue, but I think you'll have problems if you register a SIP client with VoXaLot and try to call out.

martin 03-31-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anominous
Unless I'm missing something, it appears you're doing everything correctly.

Martin, what do make of this?

Yes it looks ok to me also. Everything on ourside is public IP addresses so there is no possibility of NAT related issues.

I think we might need to look at interactive debugging blackbile. Perhaps we can schedule a time turn on debugging and watch the logs while you make your call?

blackbile 03-31-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Yes it looks ok to me also. Everything on ourside is public IP addresses so there is no possibility of NAT related issues.

I think we might need to look at interactive debugging blackbile. Perhaps we can schedule a time turn on debugging and watch the logs while you make your call?

No problem, I will be ready.
Now I go home, I will try the same calls and reply what happened!

Thanks for you help!

blackbile 03-31-2006 02:40 PM

Hello,

I'm at home,

IT IS WORKING HERE!

There is a difference, that our home phone number is e164 ENUM registered...

Ron 03-31-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

I'm at home,

IT IS WORKING HERE!

There is a difference, that our home phone number is e164 ENUM registered...

That would seem to indicate there is some kind of issue between VoXaLot and the VoIP provider that is now not being used as a result of the ENUM redirection.

Ron

gwizz 04-01-2006 12:29 AM

My problem was that one of the numbers I was testing it with had been incorrectly registered with ENUM.

It now works.

Thanks very much for everyone's help :)