Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   voxalot to FWD (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=385)

dougnash 08-14-2006 02:37 AM

voxalot to FWD

we have registered 2 providers on the provider list - FreeWorldDialupFWD and Voxee. We can listen to 500 voicemail and change outgoing voicemail message, listen to 600 echo test works, *266-301 blueface echo test works. *747 174774 3246 echo test works.

Not having any luck calling from voxalot to FWD. No luck with *393613 FWD echo test. It connects, i hear the description and then it disconnects.
When I try to call one of my FWD numbers at *393xxxxx it rings and connects but no audio either way.

thank you for your help
doug

martin 08-14-2006 02:43 AM

Hi, check your Codecs. FWD only use g711.

dougnash 08-14-2006 03:16 AM

The PAP2 i have registered to voxalot has g711u preferred selected.
the PAP2 i have registered to one if my FWD numbers also has g711u preferred selected.

thank you,
doug

ctylor 08-20-2006 06:07 AM

We had this issue with using a Sipura behind a Belkin Pre-N router (that fails the WinSTUN test). It also made direct URI calling between SIP devices impossible, although many other things, such as DIDs mapped to usernumber@voxalot.com and calling out to the PSTN from the Sipura worked fine. I think the correction on our end was to disable the 'extra' firewall protection in the router, and put the ATA in the router's DMZ, in addition to the usual stuff of having your ATA correctly configured for STUN. I don't know if that allowed the FWD echo test to work, but doing that did allow direct URI calling to username@dynamicip.net. It is clearly a router issue.

Nathanc 08-21-2006 02:30 PM

Hi,

I've had this same issue for a while now. When I call the FWD echo test, it connects, I hear the description and then it is cut off.

I have tried everything -- changed every setting with no luck.

The funny thing is, I have SIPME registered as a provider. If I direct my call to SIPME and dial the FWD echo test (ie. voxalot - SIPME - FWD echo) the call works perfectly. It is only if I dial FWD echo test directly, through voxalot, that I have a problem.

I have given up trying to fix it on my end, because I have tried everything I know of. Voxalot works fine for me otherwise -- it's just the FWD echo test. I'd be glad to hear more ideas on how to fix this issue.

Cheers,
Nathan.

PS: I have a PAP2 also.

maxalot 08-26-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougnash
The PAP2 i have registered to voxalot has g711u preferred selected.
the PAP2 i have registered to one if my FWD numbers also has g711u preferred selected.

thank you,
doug

Check the codecs in the voxalot provider settings the defaults are "g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw"