Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My telephone starts to ring when I hang off after an incoming call (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3412)

Williamz 09-12-2008 04:49 PM

My telephone starts to ring when I hang off after an incoming call

Hello

I have a serious probleme with my 601331 premium account when connected to eu.voxalot.com :

When I hang up after an incoming call, my telephone always starts ringing again and shows the last caller's ID.
Accordng to my provider (Keyyo) , this is a known bug in older asterisk server versions (before 1.4.2) which do not send authentification information with "BYE" commands. This causes the "BYE" not to be recognized by keyyo's (asterisk 1.4.2) servers. They say that this causes keyyo's (asterisk 1.4.2) servers to send a new invite (within 30 seconds) that is interpreted by asterisk (at voxalot) as an incoming call and the telephone starts ringing again and keeps ringing till I answer or it goes to voice mail.

According to keyyo, this bug was solved in asterisk 1.4.2 and voxalot would need to upgrade to 1.4.2 or newer

Do you plan to upgrade & when ?

Thank you,

William

PS :
1-For your info, Keyyo servers are operated with asterisk 1.4.2

kurun 09-12-2008 07:07 PM

Just curious - does anybody else registered to eu.voxalot.com (or for that matter to us/au servers) have this problem?
What VoIP hardware or softphone is being used?

441516 09-13-2008 02:08 AM

I have a basic and a permium, this was an occasional problem but it hasnt happened for some time. I dont use asterix but I have ATA by Zyxel and on my Nokias.

Williamz 09-13-2008 05:28 PM

No matter what the terminal is. I tried with several terminals (PAP2T, Linksys3102, Siemens gigaset 470 IP and x-lite softphone) before contacting keyyo's support.

They said that this matter very well known to asterisk community. Older Asterisk versions used to accept "BYE" command without authentification and that allowed a third party to disconnect your call. Asterisk fixed that in 1.4.2. which causes "BYE" commands to be rejected when not authentified. The call is then, not terminated (It's terminated at voxalot but not on the VSP secured 1.4.2+ plateform ... since the call is not terminated, an invite is then sent by asterisk/keyyo which causes the terminal to ring again

Asterisk did not comply to standards in regard to command authentification before 1.4.2. Now it does. This is requiered for reliable communications

I have this problem since they upgraded in june... if you whish to test, you could try to pick up a keyyo's account (It's free at www . keyyo . fr) (keyyo is one of the major VSPs in France).

Voxalot need to upgrade since more a more VSP would be upgrading...